Clonee: Views and opinions?

annR said:
I live in Tyrrelstown at the moment and find the bus service atrocious. I've heard the opposite about Clonee. CmTaz when were you living in Clonee?

We lived in Clonee 4 years ago. When we moved up to Tyrrelstown there was only about 500 houses in the estate but as I said Twinlite had paid Dublin Bus to start the service anyway. There have been a lot more houses built since then in fairness. I drive these days but have seen the queue in the mornings and have never seen anyone unable to get on the bus when it arrives.

In Clonee the bus made a circuit of the estate before leaving down the Navan Rd and most mornings it was full before getting to the return point in the estate leaving half the estate standing there regularly. Eventually people learned and everyone in the entire estate would go to the first stop and have a melee every morning. Wasn't nice at all.

hello CK people, i am currently lookign at Ravenswood near Ongar,Clonee Anybody living there/ nearby and whats the area like? any good/bad comments are welcome cheers

hi going to see the house in Ravenswood area of Clonee, i really would like to get a second opinion of anyone from the clonee area, appreciated!

any folks from Clonee area? any view on Ravenswood please.i am desperate!

are you serious 2 assasinations? exactly where and how?
as far as i know Ravenswood is only next to Ongar. is it that bad?

Ravenswood is fine. My brother lives there as does a buddy of mine and I live just down the road in Hansfield. Nice houses, nice estate, nearer to Ongar and train than a lot of the 'Clonee' housing. Yes there have been some isolated incidents as there are in many locations all over Dublin day in day out so not something I would spend any time worrying about. Not sure where you work but the commute can be tough for some. I've lived in Clonee since '99 and have worked in Sandyford all that time and I've never found my commute to be too big a deal. Good place to get a foot on the ladder in a decent sized house.

Only two assinations this year

I think it's only called an "assassination" if the target is a person of note. These were more like "hits" and they're becoming common in many places, including one in leafy Drumcondra about two weeks ago.

Back