Clifden Road Ballyfermot

well if i don't hear from him by lunch time then i'm gonna ring him about it so i will let you know either tonight or tomorrow!

ye defo let me know, be intersting to see if they say yes to some people and no to others esp if were in the same situation. could be lenders preference, becasue i know in my job some lenders do it at their disscresion. i couldnt get a morgtage with my job they dont do 100% the lenders here wud of giving me a tracker

Hi Guys !
Just messing around on the PC and found this little forum,
I got one on Croftwood Green, Just down from Tommy's shop, (Thats where we will be buying our milk & bread :))
I was just onto Yvonne in DCC tday and she says that their legal team are still drawing up contracts and won't be sending them to solicitors for another 2-3 weeks :confused:

She also said that the snagging is going on at the moment but that the bulider is on hols !
Its so frustrating all this waiting around, As there wasn't anything major on my snag list anyways .
Any news with your houses ???

Hey Lou,

Im on Croftwood as well, just at the little cul de sac.. Im in the same situation as your self... Yvonne told me the legal team were getting the documents ready on the 7th Octo, that they'll be sent out in 2-4 weeks! did our snag in Aug, waiting for it to be completed nothing major at all tho... hoping to be in end on Nov with a bit of luck! when did u get offered your place?

Hiya
I paid my deposit on 26th June, really din't think it would take this long !
I asked her is it likely we would be in befor Xmas it depends on solicitors,
she's very nice though I'd say she gets the same calls ten times a day !

I'm in the same boat meself with bits & pieces everywhere
Its so annoying I want to be buying loads just don't have the room .

I went up last week just for a nose and chatting to the security guy,
he said that there are still nine houses to be sold ,
Do you reckon thats the hold up, waiting for them all to be sold ??

We got the phone call the 6th june to say we got picked out. We paid ours the 25th i think i just kno it was a wed! what type house did u choose? God yvonne she has the patients of a saint, im always emailing the poor girl. oh stop im really running out of space we bought the oven and ho a few weeks ago that in his ma's dining room.We had to collect the bed the other day diamond living wont hold them, half of it is in mine and half is in his! nightmare... i've bloody boxes of delph under my bed! have you to get everything from strach or did you rent your own place already? i doubt thats the hold up, because when i was talking to her she was saying that everyone wont be moving in together they do the first lot first,so im assuming were one of the 1st to get offered the house... esp if they still have some left! we better be in before xmas i'll go mad if were not. i was told id be in by the end of october from the start... did u say anything on ur snag about the living room not having a rad?

we didn't get the tracker mortgage - not happy bout it but sure what can ya do!!

nice to see another neighbour on the forum too :)

Morning !

No I never mentioned the rad, sure my snag list has gone in anyways is it too late to add it on ?
Nah starting from scratch, still living at home, I was checking out storage facitilies, Elephant is the name of a company in tallaght and its 121 euro for four weeks, its no too bad I suppose if we get really stuck, I think thats for 30sq F !
I got lots of stuff weeks ago (tables & chairs, bed ) in Jim Langan's they still have them,
Ah sure we will just have to wait and see !

ah really Emma. but dont worry theres reports saying the interest rate will drop to nearly 3% so lets hope there right that'd be brill if they did.... and now we get more tax relief on the interest as well.
With EBS they say that your LTV rate (loan to the value of the property) has to be less than 92% to get a tracker. Technically our LTV's are lower because we are getting the house at below market value, on our loan offer letter the LTV was down at i think 77 -82% it was def in the low 80's so i was tryin my best to get this across but they werent budging, They were still sayin even tho the LTV is whatever your still getting 100%.
Now you have to get all the paper work into them you'll be busy for the next few days ringing here there and everywhere to get it sorted... have you picked out ur solicitor yet?

oh thats brill lou, i'll have to keep that in mind about the storage, im prob gonna be stuck if the sofa comes on time, can't shove that under my bed!
what type of house did u get? cause i know the open plan ones your fine really coz they have the rad in the kitchen/diner and in my house the living room is seperate and theres no rad in it, you'd bloody freeze! imagine tryin to heat a room with that lil electric fire!
im the same still at home so have to get everything! you buying on ur own or with somebody?

hey...have u read the thread on changes to affordable housing in the budget?? im really confused by this....

Hey Emma

Havent Read Anything Official On The Changes. Just Read That Thread You Were Talking About.... So From That I Gathered That Affordable Housing Is Basically Being Scrapped You Dont Actually Get The House Below Market Value, But If You Do The Government Own Part Of It Always???

I Assume Were Ok Because We've Signed An Accepted A Property And Paid Deposit On The Previous Terms & Conditions. They Cant Suddenly Change Them Becasue Thats Breaching The Contract.
I Think It Would Be Better If We Contacted Dcc Themselfs Instead Of Getting Ourselves Into A Tizzy

Affordable housing

Introduction of a Government Equity Initiative to assist those seeking affordable housing. Under this Initiative the Government will assist those seeking affordable housing by taking an equity share. It will replace the current approach through which affordable housing is made available under Part V, the 1999 Affordable Housing Scheme and the Affordable Housing Initiative.
Instead of selling units at a discounted price with the value of the discount to be subject to a reducing claw-back, the Government would take an equity stake in affordable units sold, which the purchaser can either buy out in steps or at the end of a fixed period.

THIS IS THE ONLY INFO I COULD FIND ON CITIZENS INFO.IE BASICALLY ITS LIKE THE SHARED OWNERSHIP SCHEME.

I'LL CONTACT YVONNE TOMORROW, SEE WHAT SHE SAYS... I THINK WE GOT OFFERED A PLACE JUST IN TIME!

hey! got told today that the loan approval and paperwork has now been sent to the solicitor and they are expecting to close the sale in december!!!

Hey Emma,

Did they email/ring u and tell you that? or did u get on to them?

thats brill least you'll be in 4 christmas now..... hope they sent mine out to.
might pop up later and see have they started on the snag...

Hey Emma well done delighted for ya !! :)
... must give DCC a buzz meself see where my application is at.

NewUser be sure to let us know if you hear anything...

Hopefully things are starting to move now !!

Hey Lou,

i rang up and asked for the legal department and i asked to speak to the person in charge of the paper work for clifden road... i was speaking to there solicitor who's dealing with the contracts, (she just asks you the number of the house your buying)

she told me that she has only sent out the legal paper work to the solicitor of those who are gettin finance through DCC (either through shared ownership or home loan) because there is still stuff out standing on the contracts (shes waiting for maps to point out exactly what land you own and other stuff), and becasue DCC appoint there solicitor she could send theres out.

She said that there is 15 contracts waiting to go out (which includes mine :( ) because she is waiting on the outstanding stuff... but thats becasue were getting private fianance through a bank,, and becasue we appoint our own solicitor she needs everything in place before she sends them out...

she said she'd be very optomistic if she said she'll get them out by the end of the week.. but she is hoping to have them out by next week....

Hey New user ,

thanks for that I was trying to ring them but I can't get through...
It's a bit silly that just because we went through a bank and not DCC that would hold things up :confused:
Might try ring them again after lunch !

She said because the stuff that is outstanding she can forward on, because there the solicitors they appointed, (there in house- so prob a few desks away! )but because we are gettin private finance she has to have the complete pack before she sends it off... least things are moving anyway!
i wonder if we'll even get the keys before xmas? be nice even to have them!

Hiya Guys

I was talking to Yvonne tday and she reckons that the contracts went out last week or they will be going this week....

She also said she thinks the snag might be done in my house,,,
Might call up and check it out later !

Back