Clifden Road Ballyfermot

Emma1980

Hey, has anyone been offered one of these houses on Clifden Road? I was onto the council yesterday and asked her had they all been allocated and she told me that the draw hadn't been done yet - just wouldn't be too sure whether or not to believe her!!

My neighbour was offered one and accepted it. He's due to move in end of September!

Ah so she was telling porkies to me so!! Do you know if their nice houses?? Keep meaning to drive up and have a look at them!

They look fairly small from the outside, very small front garden with little parking space.. I live just down the road from them & it wouldn't be my choice of area to buy a house in!!

well it wouldn't be my first choice of area either but considering it was the only "house" on offer! actually just thinking of buying private instead - think it might be cheaper in the long run!

well i got offered a house in clifden road on thursday. have to have the approval in principle in by next friday (they gave me a week!!) the bank posted out the forms for it on friday so fingers crossed so i can actually get to view them! drove up to them yesterday, they are small looking but they do look nice enough!

rev87, any idea if anything was included in the house your neighbour got? ie kitchen applicances etc....

Which numbers are they?......the far end of Clifden Road, beyond the park?

Has anyone else been offered one of these? Don't see much on the forum about them!

went to view these houses today, absolutly fabulous so they are! paid my deposit - im delighted with it!

Hi,

I was offered one of these on 6th June 2008, we were one of the 1st on the list so we got to pick between 30 houses that were left, we picked one of the 3 bed semi detched around the back of clifden road, at croftwood. hope to move in end of oct just waiting on the council to send out the contracts! and d-snag!! the houses on clifden rd are a different type to the ones around the back, driveway quiet small and kitchen to the front of the house, third bedroom is the attic converted. all open plan down stairs. My one is quiet diffent large garden and driveway side entrance, living room to the front of the house with window built out, double doors into the kitchen / dining room to the side of that, 3 bedrooms upstairs. The shoe house on clifden was done up fab!!!

you get fitted kitchen, wall tiled around the work top (no appliances) you get an electric fire and surround and get fitted in wardrobes in the 3 bedrooms. Bathroom is tiled around the bath (but not the floor) and toilet under the stairs is tiled on the floor.... can't complain lovely house for €240,000

Re: Clifden Road Ballyfermot
Hi,

I was offered one of these on 6th June 2008, we were one of the 1st on the list so we got to pick between 30 houses that were left, we picked one of the 3 bed semi detched around the back of clifden road, at croftwood. hope to move in end of oct just waiting on the council to send out the contracts! and d-snag!! the houses on clifden rd are a different type to the ones around the back, driveway quiet small and kitchen to the front of the house, third bedroom is the attic converted. all open plan down stairs. My one is quiet diffent large garden and driveway side entrance, living room to the front of the house with window built out, double doors into the kitchen / dining room to the side of that, 3 bedrooms upstairs. The shoe house on clifden was done up fab!!!
NewUser1

Today, 02:54 PM

NewUser1

Re: Clifden Road Ballyfermot

you get fitted kitchen, wall tiled around the work top (no appliances) you get an electric fire and surround and get fitted in wardrobes in the 3 bedrooms. Bathroom is tiled around the bath (but not the floor) and toilet under the stairs is tiled on the floor.... can't complain lovely house for €240,000​

Hi! yeah, im waiting on the estate agents to get in touch about the snag list being done. they really are a lovely house, i was so surprised with the size of it inside as it didn't look as big from the outside! the council told me that it would be mid-november before the contract is sent to the solicitor and either december or january before we get the keys

i actually forgot to see what was under the stairs in the show house....!! is it another toilet???

yep theres a loo in there! handy if your having guests won't have them wrecking the carpet on the stairs! ha! loved the show house they done it up really well, bedroom in the attic is lovely, i was wondering if u could get that storage room up there changed into an en sute? just a taught!? The one i got now, which would be the back of you, it doesnt have the attic converted, Shame coz it was fab. Are there many of the houses left up there do you know? We only done our snag list the end of August, things were held up with the builders on hols. But they still havent completed the snag, DCC said our contracts should be sent out the end of September so We should be in End of October start of November, but im not very optomisitc about that! bank are pushing us to draw down the money, but its just a waiting game now.... i just want to be in there now! ha

PS. Don't wait on the estate agents to get in touch, you get in touch with them! i did! DCC and Lisney are prob sick of me and this stage im a hound! but i hate waiting im not good at it ha! Kathy & Robyn from Lisney are really helpful give them a shout 6440060. Might make things go that bit faster. :)

PS. Don't wait on the estate agents to get in touch, you get in touch with them! i did! DCC and Lisney are prob sick of me and this stage im a hound! but i hate waiting im not good at it ha! Kathy & Robyn from Lisney are really helpful give them a shout 6440060. Might make things go that bit faster. :)

Cheers, i will get in touch with them. The mortgage advisor from Lisney is dropping up to me tomorrow evening to get the ball rolling with the mortgage. Im so excited about it, i really can't wait to get cracking with moving in!! It was only after we left the show house that i thought, oh i wonder what was under the stairs!! Thats deadly if it a 2nd toilet!!
I did think about that upstairs with the en suite but i really don't think there would be enough room...i mean, theres a big space where the tank it, but i don't think it would be big enough!!

Did anything major come up in the snag list that i should keep an eye out for? How does the snagging work? Do they do it and i'm there or do i do it and give them the list to repair??

We've went with EBS for the Morgtage so nice & helpful & best rate we got quoted for! We were going to go with bank of ireland because thats who we were with but they were only willing to do 92% finance, and we werent expecting to get offered a house so we werent prepared and needed the 100%. Are you from that area? or do you know anything about it.... i know its not Malahide o Dalky! suppose like any area has its good point and bad points! Have you being going mad shopping? the spare room in my ma's house is full i have to stop but only with the small things. Only big thing we bought was the bed. It costs anyway, went looking at ovens and stuff the other day! for a decent one its around €650 for a double oven and thats without the hob :( its pricey this moving out business ha!

Cheers, i will get in touch with them. The mortgage advisor from Lisney is dropping up to me tomorrow evening to get the ball rolling with the mortgage. Im so excited about it, i really can't wait to get cracking with moving in!! It was only after we left the show house that i thought, oh i wonder what was under the stairs!! Thats deadly if it a 2nd toilet!!
I did think about that upstairs with the en suite but i really don't think there would be enough room...i mean, theres a big space where the tank it, but i don't think it would be big enough!!

Did anything major come up in the snag list that i should keep an eye out for? How does the snagging work? Do they do it and i'm there or do i do it and give them the list to repair??

You can do it yourselves or you can hire someone to do it, i think its €300?? cant really remember.... we had a few issues like the back wall some of the capping stones were missing. The window was all marked from them pulling stuff trough, we had a hole at the side of the fire place, nails were left in the skirting boards. Nothing major at all. paint work marked and that. Just make sure you put every tap on in the house at the same time leave it running, just to make sure no leaks are anywhere!

Back