Clifden Road Ballyfermot

did you measure the width of the fridge. Only 560 mm will fit in the space the left. Most fridges are 600 mm wide.

They should be all standard sizes, its more of less thin model, not that wide and only 152cm high. I'd say it will fit, ill try fitting it with packaging still on so can return it if doesnt fit, its just a cheapy fridge freezer anyways, will get another one in about five years, I wanted all my appliances silver but the dryer we already have is white, so we had to buy all same colour to suit.
Got my oven/Hob Whirlpool in B&Q on their sale, reduced from 394 to 328, was so happy. D.I.D. are supposed to call me about the Fridge/ Wash Machine being delivered today but they didnt call yet, Im only finished work so dont have receipt with me with the ref number to call them, ah well, wont want it delivered until next week anyways.
Just 3 days left for me and im closing the deal, Karl did you get given your date for closing yet? Also what stage are you in the application, did you get the letter asking for your direct debit details, thats the second last letter you get from them and then the final one and where they give you the date and time for the signing, although they give you choice of dates to close, I just chose the earliest because im an inpatient one. The anticipation of Thursday is really getting to me, can hardly wait to get into the house.

Karl when I move in Thursday, you know that wall between our houses, you know the pillar tops and slabs on the wall.... well Im painting them neon orange, hope theres no objections there, cheers.

While your at it you can paint my whole house that colour. Ha. Going to ring tomorrow. See where abouts I am. Like I need move in date because all the furniture and appliances are ready to be delivered an also need to book holidays off work.

Also I'm waiting for them to get I'm thouch out of law dep.When they ring you the first time what happens or do they even ring. Is it just a letter in the post

When I rang shared ownership they said it was with the law dept, then they gave me the tel number of the lady in law, I rang her and just said I was advised to contact yourself, just say something like, has the file been sent to her yet or something, she needs to get go ahead in law, even if its in law dept, it doesnt mean shes got the instruction to go ahead with it yet. Best to call and ask to speak to yer wan. In 24 hours ill be on the way to the solicitors to get the forms signed :)))))))))))))

I will. I was ringing them all day yesterday. Couldn't get in though with the person I wanted. They never ring back. Ill ring again today and try get in though with law department.

rang there. She's to ring me back tomorrow or Friday with date for closing. She said she should be able to us our keys next week.

Well I saw you getting out of the gas van at 9pm :p
Karl, think you may have been looking at your own place because the fences were
down at my place at about 3pm time, they were in your place also, but the security fella wasnt there when we got the keys, the builder had to give them to us, which was very strange to be honest. To now we will meet him today at lunchtime to get the meter reading for the gas/esb. Not very professional, he could have waited for us to come there. Cant believe I forgot to ask about the bins, have to call them back
and ask about that also. Cant believe I dont get esb/gas key for the box apparently its only for the officials to have them :)
Was up painting my bedroom last night, got good bit done but its hard to paint at night. I met the neighbours in number 8, well not exactly meet, saw them going to the car, spoke to her mother yesterday afternoon, really nice lady. Work in field across the road is bit of an eyesore though, have to clean all the crap from the garden, looks like someone emptied rubbish out from a bin in my front garden, guess what there was a note on piece of paper put through my door with the F word written on it, whats all that about?
Hi Ericsson yes I moved in :))) Not exactly moved in at least for a fortnight, have to get house alarmed and floor put in, was up there cleaning last night, all the builders rubble was still there everywhere.
Karl I have to say the weeds in your garden are not down as much as one in ours, however we used our own weedkiller, you may have to get some to sort it out because your are quite tall, im going to spend the weekend there with the strimmer.
Its such relief now that I got the keys, thought it would never happen to be honest.

:) :) :) :) :)

Yeah it was befor 3. I see someone moved into no.5 today. Is it the fella that was getting married? We,re getting the keys next week. Hope to have it ready in a weekm after that to move in.

Was talking to girl in dcc today. She said most people will be moved in next. Looks like im one of the last. Ah well thats the way it goes.

delighted for you trevor, sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead of you now getting the place ready. Its great to hear of someone who has gotten keys to their place :) I should be moving into my house just down the road from you in, please god, about 3-4 weeks (fingers crossed!) Drove past clifden road yesterday evening and was thinking of you getting the keys. Best of luck to you in your new place :)

Ericsson where are you buying? Thanks for your kind words, im going down today to sort few things out. Its such a relief to have the whole AH process finished, from the day I viewed the property to the day we closed was really painful in regards of waiting and waiting. Im sure everyone will be moved in about the next fortnight. I have seen that number 20 around the corner has the gate removed too.

Karl.... I thought you were the guy who was getting married? Am almost sure he went in before me and said he was getting number 6 or maybe im mistaken, im sure you will get the keys early next week because I remember we were given choice of closing dates and we picked the earliest, shes not available on 7th but is on the 8th September, just brace yourself for having everypage of the terms and conditions explained to you..... in FINE detail :-( Was kind of like being in History class.
However well worth it all by the time it was finished and we were told we
were homeowners.

No not me getting married. He picked number 5 but was just wondering weather he went through with the 75/25.

Number 20 got there keys over two weeks ago. I was told the the girl was on leave till tuesday an we'd definatly close next week.

Yvonne will be back on Tuesday 7th I believe, I was supposed to wait too but the law department said I could close quicker if I had wanted. You wont believe what happened today, I was in my lifting room, painting away, minding my own business when I turned around and looked at the kitchen area. ... . to my disgust I saw a big puddle of water on the floor - I HAD A LEAK - Imagine that, had the house 2 days and already a leak. It was the gas boiler in the kitchen, I had previously had the heating on for an hour before this happened, noticed the water or heating never turning on, but the water was coming from a pipe in side the boiler and was leaking from top of boiler all the way to the bottom, on top of the electrics inside the boiler, on top of the counter top, inside wooden frame of boiler, on my shelves, all over the floor and under the counters. I was proper freaking out, calling Bord Gais 'Its not our repsonsibility, its down to the builders' as apparently they only supply the boilers, they dont fit them so then I texted security to ask for builders number but he wouldnt give me builders number, in a panic called an uncles who is a tradesman who helped me dry it up and so on, turned off heating and eventually stopped water dripping, he thinks that there is fault with the boiler and that when the heating was reaching its temperature one of the pipes couldnt take it and it burst.
Now that im the owner of the house do I have to get this repaired myself, surely not as the premises has to be in good state of repair when they sell it to me??? It couldnt have been put on the snag because I couldnt be there long enough to know the heating wasnt working at time of the de-snag.
Theres no way in hell im paying for plumber to fix this, im going to have war with dcc if this isnt repaired for me. Cant believe how unlucky we've been. If I you Karl id have look and check your heating as priority, just pity this happened today and not during the week when I could have called someone from dcc to help.

Aside from the Flooding in my kitchen and destroying all the wood. I got my living room painted so im happy, cleaned up front garden which looked like a litter tray, am going to try and get the fella out this week to take measurements for carpets. Want to get the floors down asap, good think I didnt have flooring down already with the flood. This moving into new house lark is so expensive, im running low on reserves already. Im sure you will be in there in no time Karl, like I said be prepared for the loooooong signing in DCC and also make sure all your documents are together as it makes the signing process run alot more smoother. Let me know any updates anywho.

I had a plumber in to check whole house. He said heating was grand because the pressure guage was at right level. We did have a leak at the waste on the bath at the drain but got it done on the snag. I'm sure they'll do it for you. There going to be my house doing a bit more of a plumbing snag during the week so ring first thing on Monday and I'm sure they'll drop in.

Will know the day on Tuesday but they said it'll be this week so I'd say Thursday or friday.

Back