clawback and will

tina4

Hi, just wondering if anyone has first hand experience or have looked into the following. It has come up as an issue that people are worried about and as usual i cant get a straight answer anywhere.
Regarding the 20year clawback - if you make a will and of course your home will be in that will. As far as i make out the clawback is carried over.
Please can someone confirm or deny this.
Another issue that was raised is a couple with one main earner.
Main earner died, 2 years on and shes being told that because they were a couple that the mortgage protection doesnt kick in, so she is still left with the mortgage and the rest of the clawback.
Am i missing something?
It just a major nightmare to get a difinative answer to anything regarding the clawbak.

Tina4,

1. You don't say what kind of clawback you're worried about.

2. Usually protection policies cover each party to the mortgage and certainly nearly always in consumer situtaions. Again you talk about clawback and I'm not sure what you mean.

Your question is a little vague and that may be part of the reason you can't get a straight answer. In relation to property and mortgage protection there is always a straight answer but you may have to pay someone to look through the relevant documents.

Hiya thanks for the reply.

1. 20 year Clawback on affordable housing.

2. Full Mortgage held with DCC.

3. DCC insist you take their mortgage protection.

As part of a group we have raised alot of issues regarding the clawback on affordable housing to no avail.

There are issues that buyers are not even aware of ( some of which i posted here before).

Anyway getting back to the point. 50 year old lady on her own in house has made a will. But she now is very worried because if anything did happen to her the clawback passes onto her kids, ( or so she was told).
I cant get a straight answer, the same as i never got a straight answer to all the other questions that have been put to minister gormley.
So was hoping that someone on here might have some insight!

Also an older lady lost her partner 2 years ago. the mortgage protection never kicked in and 2 years down the line she is no nearer to it being resolved.

Ah i better stop typing now cause i could go on for ever LOL.

Thanks
Tina

Sorry, affordable housing isn't something I know a lot about.

The mortgage protection issue should be clear cut but it really can only be done by looking at the doucmentation.

Hi Tina4,

Do you have (from Land Registry) a copy of the folio that establishes that you are the registered owner of property?

It may be useful to when making a will.

Back