Christmas Prezzie(Wife)

Hi, I went on to the brownie points site and purchased a fab Saba cat necklace.I have never known a site to be so easy to use and delivery was free and fast and they kept me informed of what stage delivery was at.
it was delivered in a beautiful package and I got 20 percent off! highly recommend it.
Rgds
Deew

Just saw this thread re: browniepoints.ie..........My Fiance just bought me a beautiful necklace from browniepoints.ie and it is fab! It came direct to the door with gorgeous packaging! I would highly recommend this site for people looking for a pressie that's that little bit different.....

I just had a look at [broken link removed] and the items are v expensive for what you get. The handbags are v v expensive for unheard of brands and personally I would def not award any brownie points for any of the items the site selected for me! €65 for THOSE pyjamas? :eek:

I have to agree with Kron - I ordered goods from browniepoints.ie as it was recommended by a friend and the earrings I got were gorgeous and they arrived early the next day in beautfiul presentation - unfortunatley I was buying them for myself but will definitley use this site for presents as the box and ribbons etc really made it lovely and it saves having to do any of that yourself.

Ideal site for buying the wife a pressie - I have already told my man about my wish list so hope he logs in soon enough!!

Maybe I'm just very suspicious, but it's abit strange that Kron1969, Winnie11 and leslito all make their very 1st post to absolutely sing the praises of the brownie website?? Any connections to the site...owners, sisters, frineds etc?

I don't have a suggestion as such as every woman is different, but I love getting presents that I would rarely buy myself. Friends usually buy me expensive product (makeup and stuff to you men) that I would not normally splash out on myself. My boyfriend bought me a seriously good digital camera. One of my friends loves to get a bag or basket of what we call 'purtys', just stuff like nice shampoos, hand creams, nail varnish, moisturisers, mud packs and anything else you can think of. It doesn't always have to be expensive to be really appreciated.

Also had a look at www.browniepoints.ie and the items are v expensive for what you get. There are a number of other sites on the web where I think you can get better value for money.

'Google' is my best friend when pressie shopping and comparing prices.

That Brownie website - What a daft website IMO, good if OH likes handbags and Jewellery !!.

If she is into reading you could check out www.play.com who are very competitive for books and free delivery to Ireland too, No affil

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000ETK570/ref=dp_image_text_0/103-3731082-5103804?ie=UTF8&n=284507&s=kitchen

:p ;) :D :rolleyes:

newbridge is great idea . got some for my mother she was delighted. great range to choose from. have a lot of matching sets of watches , earings and necklaces

Last edited by a moderator:
Any more hints from women out there?

Any women, 35-40 , with more hints on what herself might like for Christmas? WE NEED HELP !

Words simply fail me!

What fella in his right mind would do a stupid thing like that?

Why? I think it's a great idea. Send her off into Brown Thomas, organise the personal shopper and give her the 50 quid to spend! What could be better for the little missus?

I think the personal shopper would be a great idea for someone like me. I hate shopping and am useless at picking clothes that suit me.

For those who are looking for ideas depending on budget:

Weekend residential cookery course (Ballymaloe or Richard Corrigan etc), lunch at the Ivy or Dublin equivalent, weekend away from kids with other half to luxury hotel, clothes, jewellery, books, pictures/prints, furniture, old TV series on DVD

Personally not make up/toiletries, shopping vouchers, beauty salon vouchers and no computers or gizmos of any description.

If in doubt, watch out for the hints, bring spouse to jewellery shop window etc. Or ask sisters of wife/best friend etc.... I know I ask my siblings what they are buying the man of their life for ideas. So far the Ipod nano one year and shuffle another were a big hit. He's put off throwing out his socks with holes in anticipation of Xmas coz they're bound to surface at some stage......:D

Also would the men on here please give us females some hints from a wide range of budgets..... but please not a lear jet etc. Actually I might start a thread on this

I have got my wife's pressies already:

- A tool kit (pink) in Boots -> she believe it or not loves carpentry!!
- An Apple iPod - she doesnt have one yet and anyone (male or female) who jogs or walks would love this (i hope)
- A Nintendo DS - that computer thingy with the "Brain Training" -> if its good enough for Nicole Kidman, its good enough for my wife
- A weekend break for us and the baby, and finally...
- A Calendar!

A calendar i hear you say? thats not that good...... but....

We have a one year old child who is adored by us both very much. I went to a website... www.shutterfly.com

On this you can create your own calendar. I done a collage calendar of pictures of our daughter and us with her, with a point to marking special occasions. i.e October has her in her Pumpkin outfit she wore this halloween. It also allows you to highlight and mark down special dates such as birthdays and anniversary's.

I ordered it 3 weeks ago and recieved it last week and am impressed by the quality. It's also by far the cheapest in the list above, but definitely the most thoughtful (i think).

There are many other gift ideas on this website too. worth a visit!!!

I have got my wife's pressies already:

- A tool kit (pink) in Boots -> she believe it or not loves carpentry!!
- An Apple iPod - she doesnt have one yet and anyone (male or female) who jogs or walks would love this (i hope)
- A Nintendo DS - that computer thingy with the "Brain Training" -> if its good enough for Nicole Kidman, its good enough for my wife
- A weekend break for us and the baby, and finally...
- A Calendar!

A calendar i hear you say? thats not that good...... but....

We have a one year old child who is adored by us both very much. I went to a website... www.shutterfly.com

On this you can create your own calendar. I done a collage calendar of pictures of our daughter and us with her, with a point to marking special occasions. i.e October has her in her Pumpkin outfit she wore this halloween. It also allows you to highlight and mark down special dates such as birthdays and anniversary's.

I ordered it 3 weeks ago and recieved it last week and am impressed by the quality. It's also by far the cheapest in the list above, but definitely the most thoughtful (i think).

There are many other gift ideas on this website too. worth a visit!!!

Have you got a brother??;)

Back