Christening Present for 6 month old

I saw a framed plaster cast of a babys footprints hanging in a creche recently and I thought it was very tastefully done.

Hi,
I have a christening next weekend,I am godmother and the child is 6 months (boy).Does anyone have any ideas what i could buy as a present...really dont want to give money

Not cash, never done and never expected imo, considered tacky. If you have already bought for the baby (you say you have already bought clothes) Christening present is not neccessary.

I got a set of silver children's cutlery with my name engraved for my Christening. I still have it....

Got present sorted..tanks for all your ideas.i went for a baby cast of hands and foot prints...tanks paddi for suggestion

For what it's worth - I gave my godchild a silver charm bracelet at birth and added charms to it until her 16th birthday. I bought an adult size and had links taken out, so they could be added as the need arose. She wore it on her wedding day. I gave another godchild Prize Bonds and added to them each year.

Hi, I became godmother to my 1yr old nephew at his christening last Saturday. After a lot of looking around, and wanting to be a bit different, I bought a Steiff Limited Edition Paddington Bear (Paddington is 50 yrs old this year and Steiff, the famous Teddy Bear manufacturers) producted a limited edition of 1500 to commemorate this. I ordered it directly from www.steiffteddybears.co.uk. I think it cost about €180 but you only have to watch Antiques Roadshow to know that it might well be a valuable antique in the future as the older ones fetch a lot of money. Hope this helps!

Interesting serialisation of a book by Jeremy Clarksons mother in the Sunday Times the past two weeks about how she designed Paddington! (and made a fortune from him)

Hi avoid money boxes like the plague my sister got 3 for her child !! If you want a keepsake theres a company I found that do a box with the no 1 single the day you were born, a copy of the irish times, a set of coins and something else as well can't remember . I thought it was really original but was out of my budget range at 60 euro as was just for a friends child ! Was called dayIwasborn.ie I think. The gift I got for my friend's child was lovely got in oxfam fair trade shop they sell brand new handmade rubberwood toys, bookends, noah's ark so its something that will last and they can play with. My friend loved the jungle bookends I got her.

I know its a bit redundant now that the presents been bought, but I was godmother to my nephew a few months ago, during the rugby season and bought him a little replica Ireland kit, complete with socks and all...

The thinking is, he'll always be Irish, and its his first sports kit, so it'll remain a keepsake but its still practical, as he can wear it for a good while too...but its more personal than 'regular' clothes.

I kept with the theme and for his first xmas, got him the Liverpool kit (he's just not allowed wear it in front of his Evertonian Granda!!)..
I think the international ones are probably better as a first pressie though - god forbid they turn out to be a teenage ManU fan or something!!!! :rolleyes:

these are beautiful. you could also open a postbank account for the child and put a few euro in a week, she is your godchild and the money could be used as her "spending money" on her holidays as she gets a bit older.

Back