Christening Present for 6 month old

cheesenonion

Hi,
I have a christening next weekend,I am godmother and the child is 6 months (boy).Does anyone have any ideas what i could buy as a present...really dont want to give money

my daughter was christened in may last year and i recieved some beautiful presents . one was a gorgeous silver photo frame with 12 spaces for pics , 1 for each month of their first year and it had winnie the pooh, the bag it was in said "fields" on it.

Another was a beautiful silver baby carriage that was a money box and was enscribed with the babys christening date.

They were my favourites and will last a life time.

A relic (preferably a piece of bone or skin) from the patron saint of the child's birthday?

I'd second the money-box suggestion. You can get then in all sorts of shapes. Are you in Dublin? The H Samuel in Liffey Valley has loads of possibles and they are very helpful in there. Also, Newbridge silverware does a gorgeous Noah's Ark music box

Or another suggestion; a few years ago, my nephew's uncle, who was godfather, got him a pair of antique cufflinks.

I bought my god-daughter a small glass globe that I got in an antiques shop and I had it engraved with her name and a line about the world being hers for the taking. I had thought about getting some sort of collectors item that I could add to the collection every year - giving her a valuable collection by the time she was twenty one but couldn't think of anything suitable. Any ideas on this?

I'd second the money-box suggestion. You can get then in all sorts of shapes. Are you in Dublin? The H Samuel in Liffey Valley has loads of possibles and they are very helpful in there. Also, Newbridge silverware does a gorgeous Noah's Ark music box

Or another suggestion; a few years ago, my nephew's uncle, who was godfather, got him a pair of antique cufflinks.

no in tipperary....ill check out newbridge!!!

dont know whether people still get a professional photographer around for the event? you could pay for one for the event or for a future sitting maybe when the baby is 1 year old.
we get a couple of professional photos done of our children every couple of years, when we are all older they will be a joy to look at.

Paddi22, I like your suggestion. out of interest, roughly how much would this cost?

Hi, If you PM me i'l give you the girl's number. She can either travel to you, or you can go to her.

If you get a voucher for someone (it can be for any amount). then they can ring her and arrange a date and place that suits..the casting of the foot is really quick and clean, (it's amazing seeing it done, the babies don't even notice it!) then she goes off makes the cast, frames it and delivers it to you or you can pick it up.

There is a basic frame you can get with a foot or hand (i can't remember the price of this offhand but it's very reasonable). So the person can either get this option of upgrade to get coloured frames, feet, or different hand and foot options.

If you are getting your own kids don't you don't need a voucher, you can just give her a buzz and sort it out, she's a lovely girl. Everyong I have got them for has absolutely been mad about them!

she is from dublin but Iknow she's heading to cork to do some for my sister, so she seems to travel a good bit with them..

Agree its a good suggestion and one I will keep in mind.

Had a quick look at the website, if you click on the website and go in and look at framing options, etc, when you pick different colours etc, it gives you the cost.

As for doing it yourself, I must dig out that box of "Shaker Maker" (anyone remember) I had since I was seven.

Back