Cheapest way to buy Zurich Fund

I'm paying 1.5% to access the same fund. This looks good to me too. I've filled out the request info section on the website.

Do you know how difficult it is to switch brokers?.

But is it necessary to switch brokers?

Surely it's possible to avail of that execution only service for a new investment while remaining with one's existing broker for other investments?

Ger can you advise, please?

Surely it's possible to avail of that execution only service for a new investment while remaining with one's existing broker for other investments?

Yes that is correct. I was speaking to Ger about it yesterday and you are correct.

Are the blackrock index funds the same AMC as the Zurich funds - I had thought they were higher?
It is very hard to find the fund AMC on the zurich site imo - not included here for example from what I can see

@gravitygirl You'll not find a quoted AMC on their website because that's dictated by the product you're buying, the distribution channel you're buying through, the service level you require and what the intermediary charges for that service.

The additional/higher AMCs you're referring to may be the ones quoted in column one of this Fund Guide. But, you can see that Indexed Global Equity (Blackrock) doesn't have that. In the main, they are third party 'managed' funds.

Gerard

www.InvestAndSave.ie

Or just cash in the original one and reinvest it in the lower charging one? Why would you stick with the original paying higher charges? Doesn't make sense.

Have to say that that http://www.investandsave.ie/ site/product looks nice and simple/straightforward. :)

Extreme example but:

Let's say you invested €100K @ 1.5% AMC and the value dropped to €80,000.

You now switch the €80,000 to a 1% AMC contract to save on the 0.5% pa.

If the €80,000 increases to €100,000 and you cash in you pay €8,200 in exit tax (currently 41%)

If you left the €80,000 where it was and it came back to €100,000 there's no exit tax.

Exit Tax is not straightforward so it's important to get the product right from the outset.

You may also have exit charges to consider.

Gerard

www.InvestAndSave.ie

Last edited:
Back