Cheapest way to buy Zurich Fund

Homepayer

Hi I want to put the child benefit for 2 kids into Zurich Dynamic fund for 20 years. What's the cheapest way to do this?

You would assume going straight to Zurich but I have heard that brokers get commission and can pass some of this to the customer, so going through a broker could be cheaper?

That website is very 'straight to the point' and looks like a good deal. I might go with that. Thanks!

I actually phoned Zurich a couple of times about this and the same guy on the other end was so rude.

Hi I want to put the child benefit for 2 kids into Zurich Dynamic fund for 20 years. What's the cheapest way to do this?

You would assume going straight to Zurich but I have heard that brokers get commission and can pass some of this to the customer, so going through a broker could be cheaper?
You cannot go to the Nike and buy runners direct off the factory floor. You can go to the Nike store but there is a mark up that the store gets. Life companies do the same. If you go direct, you get the direct sales people who work off commission. Or you can go to an advisor.

I went direct to Zurich for a pension and got a lower rate than I was being quoted elsewhere and have found the person I’ve dealt with over the years excellent. Always worth shopping around though!

That website is very 'straight to the point' and looks like a good deal. I might go with that. Thanks!

I actually phoned Zurich a couple of times about this and the same guy on the other end was so rude.
what did you go for

I recently opened a child investment account with Moneycube by way of a Baretrust. I'm happy with this decision and funds will be invested in a vanguard high equity fund from standard life for the next 18 years.

I recently opened a child investment account with Moneycube by way of a Baretrust. I'm happy with this decision and funds will be invested in a vanguard high equity fund from standard life for the next 18 years.
What's the annual management charge on that? From what I read, any of the non Zurich funds such as vanguard have an extra fee on them

I'm gonna go for Zurich Dynamic. If you compare the historical return with Irish Life MAPS 5, my current fund, Dynamic is miles ahead, although past returns are not a predictor etc.
I presume that neither of these is a passively managed index tracker? That being the case, I wonder how each compares to an appropriate index?

I presume that neither of these is a passively managed index tracker? That being the case, I wonder how each compares to an appropriate index?
Since inception, Zurich Dynamic, the top line here in the data, has performed better. Over the last 10 years, S&P was better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221103-161142.png
    Screenshot_20221103-161142.png
    214.2 KB · Views: 189
Have a look at this and see if it meets your needs.

It's run by Gerard Sheedy who post on here now and again.
I'm paying 1.5% to access the same fund. This looks good to me too. I've filled out the request info section on the website.

Do you know how difficult it is to switch brokers?.

The costs quoted above (in the excerpts from the Key Investment Document (KID)) like 'One-off, Entry, OOCs, PTCs are indicative of the worst version of the product that you could buy on the market.

AMC can vary from 1% to 1.85%, depending on where, from who you buy the product and the service you want.

Gerard

www.SaveAndInvest.ie

Last edited:
Dynamic has an an indicate equity range of 75% - 100%.

Last quarterly asset spilt was/is 94% Equity, 5% Bond and 1% Cash.

You'd have to know the asset splits over all periods to compare it to the equity, bond and cash indices in those periods.

Gerard

www.SaveAndInvest.ie

The costs quoted above (in the excerpts from the Key Investment Document (KID)) like 'One-off, Entry, OOCs, PTCs are indicative of the worst version of the product that you could buy on the market.

AMC can vary from 1% to 1.85%, depending on where, from who you buy the product and the service you want.

Gerard

www.SaveAndInvest.ie
thank you for clarifying that. when I replied to the zurich rep asking about those fees and charges I got no response at all!

Dynamic has an an indicate equity range of 75% - 100%.

Last quarterly asset spilt was/is 94% Equity, 5% Bond and 1% Cash.

You'd have to know the asset splits over all periods to compare it to the equity, bond and cash indices in those periods.

Gerard

www.SaveAndInvest.ie
ger, if you could pick one fund, what would it be

Back