"Charity" Clothes Collectors

See this and avoid them.
Leo
That article is incorrect when it says
Collection permit: Any charity collecting clothing door-to-door must have a licence from their local city/county council,
Clothes are not considerd waste if they are meant to be worn. This crowd do appear to have a permit though

They should be banned on the anount of paper they use. We must get at least one of these through the door every day. Never give them anything. Everything goes to the official charity shop.

saw one of these vans pull into our estate - it was obviously undercover sat first - plain white van.

I passed by - it stopped at kerb before first houses - guy jumped out and stuck a "clothing collection" sticker to the side of the van. doesn't sound like a true charity to me !!

I've been told reliably that a Lithuanian group are collected the clothes and shipping them back to Eastern Europe and selling them there.

saw one of these vans pull into our estate - it was obviously undercover sat first - plain white van.

I passed by - it stopped at kerb before first houses - guy jumped out and stuck a "clothing collection" sticker to the side of the van. doesn't sound like a true charity to me !!
I saw a white van with one of those magnetic press-on logos for Enable Ireland last week, and I swear it was the same van with an Irish Cancer Society logo later in the week!

all these collections are just lies - the clothes end up in second-hand shops in eastern europe or maybe africa - you are just supplying them for free

I live in Navan and every day I get one of these stickers through my door!
Sometimes when I get up in the morning it's already in the letterbox!They must be up at the crack of dawn.
It comes out of the letterbox and straight into the bin.Any clothes that I have go to the charity shops or into one of those clothing bins

Annette

Does anyone know anything about a company called Lenrec, seems to be based in Kilkenny with some Cork connection and seems to be targeting GAA clubs in Kerry at the moment.

Already did that and that tells me nothing, that is their promotional material. Has anyone had any personal dealings with them? And how do we know what they do with what they collect? And how do clubs benefit from this company?

Already did that and that tells me nothing, that is their promotional material. Has anyone had any personal dealings with them? And how do we know what they do with what they collect? And how do clubs benefit from this company?
did you try phoning them or using email contact form or do they not answer?

From their website, Lenrec collect clothes and textiles and give a portion of the funds to two charities, the susie long fund and the friends of calcutta.
I think from reading somewhere else that the clothes and shoes are sold in the second hand markets abroad mostly in in thrid world countries and anything unsaleable is turned into matting, insulation etc. I guess it stops this stuff going into landfill sites while charitites benefit.

Ps. the best way to check if a charity is legitimate or not is to look for the Charity Number and the Company Registration Number on their banks or promotional material, if those numbers are not present well then something is wrong

Back