Car-parking issue with neighbours

So it sounds like this was on the public road, and not your spot.
Yea, the "my spot" thing gets to me.
I once parked outside a house when I was collecting my daughter from her friends house a few doors down. I was just out of the car when a kid (he could have been 12) ran out and told me I couldn't park there as it was his mother's spot and she would be home soon. I told him it was a public road and so his mother was mistaken. I hasn't intended to stay long when I was collecting my daughter but after that I had to hang on until the mother got home and had to park somewhere else.

Reactions: Leo
Why would you do that? What did the mother do to you that you deliberately set out of your way to inconvenience her?

I remember my 7yr old giving out to another child for picking up and removing a snail from our garden. My son shouted "thats our snail!" :)

There is too much intolerance in the world these days.

Why do you think that the grown woman thought she owned the road? It was a 12yr old child that told you you couldn't park there.
It wouldn't be unusual for a child to assume that his mother owned the road if she parked there frequently, anymore than my 7yr old thinking the snails in our garden belong to us. :)

Yea, the "my spot" thing gets to me.
I once parked outside a house when I was collecting my daughter from her friends house a few doors down. I was just out of the car when a kid (he could have been 12) ran out and told me I couldn't park there as it was his mother's spot and she would be home soon. I told him it was a public road and so his mother was mistaken. I hasn't intended to stay long when I was collecting my daughter but after that I had to hang on until the mother got home and had to park somewhere else.

Pathetic !!
Your behaviour is similar to what I could expect from a 12 year old child (as mentioned) but it is definitely not becoming of a supposed adult.

Why do you think that the grown woman thought she owned the road? It was a 12yr old child that told you you couldn't park there.
You had to be there. If the mother didn't think it was her spot then no harm done. If she did then no harm done either.

Pathetic !!
Your behaviour is similar to what I could expect from a 12 year old child (as mentioned) but it is definitely not becoming of a supposed adult.
I don't think a 12 year old should be parking a car. I certainly don't think you should expect them to be parking one.

I don't think a 12 year old should be parking a car. I certainly don't think you should expect them to be parking one.

Not going to even bother to give a reply to that puerile comment.
You have helped me rest my case.

Back