cant cope

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not sure sure itl proberly continue on next year untill its paid off.
hes only back working 6 weeks

Maybe a call to the tax office would clarify things? Even if they say its for another year, maybe ask them to spread it out beyond that due to your financial constraints. You're no Charlie Haughey, after all!

Have you contacted MABS yet as others suggested?. Even talking to them will help the situation. Ring them today and make an appointment.

LOL your right there..you know i be almost terrified to ring the tax office in case they come up with something else.about 4 years ago H rang them to see if he could claim for me and they told him theyd get back to him so they did and they said yes you can claim for her but we have looked into you tax for 2000/2001 and youv underpaid and you now owe us 4000 took him two years to pay back.now hes only an ordinary worker so it was his employers fault but noone ever admitted that.
Anyway sorry for rambling

havnt rung mags whingey child in the back round i couldnt talk.dot reallysee how they can helpme though.i know there great and that but there just isnt enough cash to go round and thats whats wrong

havnt rung mags whingey child in the back round i couldnt talk.dot reallysee how they can helpme though.i know there great and that but there just isnt enough cash to go round and thats whats wrong

That's why people contact MABS! At least look at the website .... and read Carrielou's post again!

another vote for you to contact MABS, my parents got into trouble many years ago after my dad's business failed and they owed money left right and centre, MABS were a godsend, they will talk to the banks / credit card companies on your behalf and try to reschedule your repayments with them which could help you free up some cash.

You will get great advice here but seriously do try MABS you have nothing to lose by contacting them.

There IS enough cash to go round, its just how it goes round that needs to be sorted out.

Im sorry Helens, a whingey child in back ground is no excuse not to call to make an appointment to talk. There must be a few minutes peace in the day where you could make the call?

You need an attitude change along with a financial overhaul - and I mean that in a good way, no point in moaning that its desperate and there isnt enough money to go round etc... Stop talking about it and do something - ring MABS. Stop assuming there is no way out of this, there is a way, its just you have to find the way. Stop being down and consumed with negative feelings of worry, head up and look on the bright side - you are willing to sort it now, its just going to take a bit of work and change. There are no quick fixes to debt, but you need to get a plan together and stick with it.

Helens, there is not enough cash because if you let it run it will just get worse.

MABS have a way of encouraging the lenders to freeze interest, even if it was only on credit card and no more late payment fees , you could be talking an extra maybe €200 euro freed up to use to bring down other bills.

If they manage to persuade all lenders to freeze your interest, and set up the credit union account to pay all bills on time you will be surprised how much cash is suddenly at hand.

Please, get someone to mind the little one, go get it sorted. It is twice as hard when you try to do these things with children and you are probably not in the best of form with them because of this money flow situation.

Go do it girl, your well able to.

Helens, there is not enough cash because if you let it run it will just get worse.

MABS have a way of encouraging the lenders to freeze interest, even if it was only on credit card and no more late payment fees , you could be talking an extra maybe €200 euro freed up to use to bring down other bills.

If they manage to persuade all lenders to freeze your interest, and set up the credit union account to pay all bills on time you will be surprised how much cash is suddenly at hand.

Please, get someone to mind the little one, go get it sorted. It is twice as hard when you try to do these things with children and you are probably not in the best of form with them because of this money flow situation.

Go do it girl, your well able to.
Thank you for your kind words.im not whining about it or aything near it.im just consumed by it.i rung mbna ad theyv agreeded a min payment of €70 a month for a while to help.
waiting on a call back from nib to see if theyl do same.iv canceled sky and got a cheapest package going with eircom because with littleones in the house il need the phone.i dont have a mobile because no coverage where i live.

Great stuff, well done.

Now without repeating myself or anyone else, and not to be harping on at you, contact your nearest MABS. See if they are open late one evening and when OH is home to mind the little ones, off you go and sort it all out.

No problem to you cos I can see your already on the right road.

Dont go overboard for Christmas, I set a limit in this house and I stick to it, no buts, ifs or whys!

Keep us posted and you will probably be telling us how to manage our funds in the near future. ;)

You've already made a good start on this, so keep it up. You'll be sick of us all saying it, but get in contact with MABS, they're there to help you and help you they will. Things will start looking up from here on in, just make that call. Best of luck.

If things are desperate (need money for food etc) send me an email. I'm not sure what your current situation is, but your first post sounded pretty serious! The financial advice is great but you may have immediate needs.

Hi Helen,
Ive been reading through your post and just wanted to add my bit. I dont know much about finance to advise you but I did get myself into a spot of bother awhile back. it was a personal debt of bank loans and cc that accumulated and spiralled out of control. I put my head in the sand and ignored the calls and letters. I began to feel resentful towards the lending companies for ringing and writing to me, as if it was there fault. What I was doing was avoiding responsilbility and not facing up to my situation. I eventually got onto MABS ans spoke to a very supportive and informative man there. He gave me valuable advice and I finally faced upto my debt. He told me write to all my creditors and explain my situation. he also said to include a payment proposal that I could afford. I did exactly that and they all accepted my proposal and I went from there. Im now debt free and the relief is unbelievale. I thought I was never ever going to get there and felt the same despair and fear.
Please follow the advice that you have been given and ring MABS. You will get there and you are taking the first steps to doing this.
Best of luck!

I have followed this thread with interest - am in a similar situation debt wise, though not suicidal by any means. I have 5 different jobs at the moment but as soon as I get any money in it's gone to pay bills, overdraft, food etc. I am maxed out on all my credit cards, have a huge credit union loan, and owe money left, right and centre. I am definitely going to contact MABS on Monday, though they probably have a long waiting list. Often thought about doing this before but didn't realise how helpful they could be until I read these posts.

Helen I wish you the best of luck, don't sorry, take some positive action and that alone will give you great relief. And by the way, there are lots of us in the same boat!

Well done Rois and the Best of Luck to you too. None of us are above this kind of thing and as I say money isn't everything, just handy when you go to the shop :)

If things are desperate (need money for food etc) send me an email. I'm not sure what your current situation is, but your first post sounded pretty serious! The financial advice is great but you may have immediate needs.
Thank you,my family have offered to buy some shopping for me if im badly stuck.

Helen

You need to figure out exactly where every cent is being spent. By this I don't mean vague 60/80 per week on ESB, I mean write down exactly everything for one month.

You will then be able to see where you can save money. €1200 after loans is more than enough for the three of you to live on. There has to be some discretionary spending which is eating into this.

For example, the woman who runs www.lidltreats.com managed to feed herself and her husband (with good food) for less than €50 per week.

So you need to get super-organised and watch every cent. This will free up a few hundred per month which you can put towards paying off one of your loans early. Once you have one loan paid off, getting out of debt will get so much easier as you'll have a lot of extra money to pay off your next debt.

I was once in debt; I know how horrible it is. I promise you, you just have to be patient, persistent and careful and you will get yourself debt free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back