Cannot acces a particular website from my Laptop - but I can from another computer

Re: Cannot acces a particular website from my Laptop - but I can from another compute

Hi ngwrbc

No I'm using eircom broadband.

Regards

Hizzy

Re: Cannot acces a particular website from my Laptop - but I can from another compute

Hi ngwrbc - yes I am using three.

I am the same as you, I have contacted them several times and I am still waiting on their tech dept to call me back.

Have you had any luck?

The website I cannot access is www.weddingsonline.ie and I could access this website previously.

can you access google cache of it? ie, google the site itself and when you see the result you should see "cache" beside the result, when you get on there, see if you can click on one of the links to take you to the real site.

Also try going through an and see if you can get on.
Ive used this one regularly http://proxify.com/

Have you entered your DNS information correctly?

BIK - on your connection that isn't working do this.
Start, Run, and enter cmd ....at the prompt type
ping www.weddingsonline.ie - make a note of the ip, will be a series of digits xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - if you don't get any digits your not resolving the domain.

Run the same process on the machine/connection that IS working and compare, if they are different then you know the problem is DNS related.

If they 2 checks return different IP addresses I can give you the details on how to put the correct entry in the hosts file on the machine that doesn't work which should force you to the correct site, if they ever change their dns this host entry would need updating.

Hi Paddyc - i got the ip address, however I do not have access to another pc to compare the ip address.

The ip address i got was 212.108.68.98

Hi Car - I could not access it via google, but I can access it via http://proxify.com/ - thanks!

Hi ngwrbc - yes I am using three.

I am the same as you, I have contacted them several times and I am still waiting on their tech dept to call me back.

Have you had any luck?

The website I cannot access is www.weddingsonline.ie and I could access this website previously.

I'm exactly the same - using 3 broadband!! It's very annoying not being able to access the site!!!

Hi Car - I could not access it via google, but I can access it via http://proxify.com/ - thanks!

Great.

Ive been discussing this amongst colleagues and Im hearing murmurings coming from offices of people using windows security downloads and being denied access to sites, the onecare suite specifically.

Im thinking false positive http blocks then. Id still go the route of disabling all security to see if its that.

Only other solution could be the 3g card. Ive an o2 card that I just tested with weddigsonline and it was ok.

The ip address i got was 212.108.68.98

Thats the correct ip address, I'm on an eircom connecion and can view it fine and am using the same IP.

So it may well be some windows update as suggested...you could try adding it to the list of trusted sites (assuming your using IE)

Tools, internet options and put it in the trusted sites, also just make sure in not in the blocked sites.

Failing something client side maybe 3 have blocked traffic destined to the site as you say the proxy is working for you.

PaddyC - yes I added the web address as a trusted site.

Car - I disabled all security.

Still no luck, with the above. So I guess the problem is with 3.

I have just spoken to 3 again this morning and they said they are still working on it, you'd wonder how long its going to take them to resolve it, they couldnt give me a timeline....................

DubShelley - have you had any joy with 3 on this issue?

So in the meantime I am accessing www.weddingsonline.ie via www.proxify.com

Back