BT Broadband

I ordered broadband from BT about a month ago. they told me it would take about 2 weeks. Well, 4 weeks later and no replies to my emails..... Anyone else have problems with them? Should I keep pursuing it or give up and go with a different company? (am in central Dublin)

Yep, me too. Ordered about a month ago and still waiting for a 'package' to be delivered. If they suggest you can contact them by email, just don't see why they don't reply. Phoning them takes forever to get through.

I'm afraid they are a joke. Trying to switch to their (good value) 45 euro a month broadband/phone package. I am already with them on a standard package. Requested the change by phone on 12 August. No response mafter 1 month. Called Customer care who told me to call sales. Sales told me that they could only retreive my info with my phone number. They told me that my phone number didn't exist (I've been a customer for 2 years) .. I went through a whole 'computer says no' conversation before them directing me back to customer care. Gave up and emailed them .. still waiting for a reply 2 weeks later.

daveha; try that number I gave a few posts ago. your situation is not a million miles from my one. this bt employee was the one who finally sorted out my mess. Have to say though that I requested a customer complaints reference number previously ( which they are oblidged to give you) in order to refer the matter back to comreg if necessary. they wont volunteer this complaints number - you have to ask for it.

It's not a percentage, it's €5 off each two-monthly bill (i.e. €30 over a year).

munsterman25, yes, AFAIK they are a bit cheaper — marginally moreso if you're on Talk Plus (now called Total Talk). However, their website seems to be down at the moment, so I can't post a link... :rolleyes:

The €5 discount for online billing does not apply to the new Total Talk packages as these require a paper bill. (I can't find where this is posted on the site but it's there somewhere.) Makes sense - the price quoted is supposed to be the all inclusive price.

It's a pity that BT don't have faster then 3MB broadband...

There is a useful and recently updated comparison of Broadband offerings here.

I use a company called Cinergi Broadband (living in Lusk). They resell uncontested 1MB UTV Broadband for 14.99 p.m! and it uses a BT wireless access point (modem), posted out and set up in 10 mins. Its been completely problem free since I got it, and is loads enough for home-office, and internet use (probably not ideal for downloading DVDs or whatever)
Incidently Cinergi are unusual in that they don't advertise; they use word-of-mouth marketing only, so you get a nice wee discount is you refer anyone.

I use a company called Cinergi Broadband (living in Lusk).

Who is living in Lusk - you or Cinergi Broadband? :D

I have heard of Cinergi all right but they seemed a bit homegrown and unprofessional - have to email them for rates etc. Maybe I got the wrong impression...

Back