Bottle of Wine contained something else!

I live on the continent and I understand that a lot of the large chainstores import their 'own' wines in large containers and and then bottle them themselves under their own brand name. As he has specifically mentioned Belgian this could be Carrefour, Delhaize, Cora or Colruyt. What is the name on the bottle cork? For a cheap bottle of wine it is not worth the bother of conterfeiting. You seem to have been unlucky, maybe it was the end of a bottling run or something.

"this was not wine but some type of watery, slightly salty vile tasting fluid."

Hate to be disgusing op, but met someone who in the 80's worked during the summers in a bottleing plant in dublin, every now and again they would pee in the bottles as a joke. Sorry, but your post brought back that story to me!:eek:

I live on the continent and I understand that a lot of the large chainstores import their 'own' wines in large containers and and then bottle them themselves under their own brand name. As he has specifically mentioned Belgian this could be Carrefour, Delhaize, Cora or Colruyt. What is the name on the bottle cork? For a cheap bottle of wine it is not worth the bother of conterfeiting. You seem to have been unlucky, maybe it was the end of a bottling run or something.

Did anyone else see the "Dispatches" programme on T.V. the other night showing the grapes being grown on land in the Champagne area that was used as a dump by the city of Paris and the tricks of the trade by winemakers in France with all sorts of chemicals/flavours being added to wine. Pretty awful stuff altogether.:eek:

Just read this and em well em, in my student days...many many years ago we eh sort of got a bottle of wine from deveneys (apologies to Tom Deveney), slipped the foil off, drank the wine, filled it with ribena and er well, came back and asked if we could exchange it for a bottle of white wine. - And it was done a by others too!! (You can learn SO much in UCD!!!) In fact Higgins of clonskeagh got wind of it and caught some others doing it.

Seems some of todays students have learnt some of the old tricks.

Interesting thread. Fair play to the wine manufacturer, they realy investigated the issue and gave detailed replies. They took it seriously and I don't think you could ask them to do more.

Try emailing NTL or many other companies with a question and getting a detailed email back :rolleyes:

Back