BOI Change Free Banking Conditions

Irish Times article today

All,

There is an article in the Irish Times today which says:

"Possibly as some kind of marketing ploy, the Bank of Ireland is touting a “no transaction fees” offer.The deal here is that you have to maintain a balance of €3,000 in your current account for the duration and run at least €3,000 through the account per quarter (say, your salary), as well as contrive to manually perform nine payments, to qualify for free banking."

Does anyone know if this is a mistake or are there further changes being brought in my BOI with regard to free banking? (I can't post links yet, hence the lack of a link!)

Thanks

It's a mistake by The Irish Times. Terrible article by The Irish Times.

The Indo have made the exact same mistake before as well.

Thanks a million CiaranT. I was afraid I had missed something and I'm pretty determined to avoid paying bank charges for as long as I can.

Thanks a million CiaranT. I was afraid I had missed something and I'm pretty determined to avoid paying bank charges for as long as I can.

I dont think its going to be very long before we start to pay charges again..its a matter of a very short length of time i guess.

I reckon BOI will wait a few months until a glut of AIB and UB customers have switched over to them and then get rid of free banking.

Back