BOI Change Free Banking Conditions

Hi, does anyone have the end of quarter dates for 2012? I see the first is the 17th from the above posting. Just want to put in a reminder for the others in the year. Thanks.

Never mind, I just realised its the weekend closest to the 21st of the months in question. Have it now.

I agree CiaranT

It is really annoying and disingenuous of the bank to call them quarterly fees.

22 Feb – 21 May 10
24 May – 20 Aug 10
23 Aug – 19 Nov 10
22 Nov – 18 Feb 11
21 Feb – 20 May 11

I have tried to capture the dates for 2012 but I'm having difficulty with their PDF files. So I presume that these dates are adequate?

Marion

Fee Calculation
Period
Interest Calculation
Period Fees and Debit
Interest Applied​
Dates are inclusive​

21 Nov 11 – 17 Feb 12
20 Feb 12 – 18 May 12
21 May 12 – 17 Aug 12
20 Aug 12 – 16 Nov 12

Now that this has been in effect a few months can I confirm it's not 9 direct debits a 1/4 but 9 online payments to e.g. credit card, phone, gas, etc. will do as well?

This has probably been asked but could I confirm;

9 payments to a boi credit card are acceptable to pass 9 online payments test? This would seem utterly bonkers.

9 payments to another BOI current account (e.g. your wife or mate or whoever) is acceptable to satisfy the criteria.

direct debits / standing order do not count... just manual transfers on line from one bank account to another account via banking 365 facility... even if they are for 1 cent each...

Fee Calculation​

Period
Interest Calculation
Period Fees and Debit
Interest Applied
Dates are inclusive
21 Nov 11 – 17 Feb 12
20 Feb 12 – 18 May 12
21 May 12 – 17 Aug 12
20 Aug 12 – 16 Nov 12

Lads & Lasses,
nine transactions should be completed by next Friday 18/05/12

The gradual erosion of free banking continues.

According to an advertisement in The Irish Times today, from February 21st 2011: BOI customers must ...

Obviously, it is not wise to maintain large credit balances in a current account.

Can i ask why its so bad to leave 3k in a current account as I have in a boi account. If you want to be able to access it easily? Any better suggestions? Im clueless about financial stuff. Thanks

You get little or no interest on the 3K in a current account is the problem, so its losing you money.

Also, how often do you really need to access 3K easily?

Exactly. Also, as you need a minimum of 3,000 EUR in your account each and every day, you are likely to need to keep a much higher average balance to ensure that you do not drop below 3,000 EUR on any day. Your money could be earning 4%+ elsewhere.

Back