Best vacuum cleaner for pet hair

paddi22

Can anyone recommend a good vacuum cleaner to get rid of pet hair? Our pets seem to sheet twice their bodyweight in hairs everyday and our current vacuum doesn't seem up to the task anymore..

Henry is a great hoover, great suction and found it good for my dog that lost alot of hair

I would recommend the Meile too we have three dogs and it is a godsend and ours is about five years old and still works really well

Is the meile available in the usual places or is it difficult to get?

I had a look at the powercity and argus websites and can't see it on them?

The Henry is excellent -one model specifically says pet hair but it's the best all round vacuum anyway. Finally replaced the dodgy Dyson (bought because the branding was so good but never pleased with it) with the happy Henry and vacuum performance has never been better.

I agree with all the above in relation to miele. I have a dog and three cats and the amount of hairs shed is unreal. I bought my miele in power city in Sallynoggin a few years ago. Its a brilliant hoover for anyone that has pets.

Just on the power city website.

MIELE €269.95
Producer Recycling Fund: € 1.00
Price Excluding PRF: € 268.95

MIELE CAT N DOG NEW MODEL
DISCOUNT Price € 261.85

Model: S5260 S5260

MIELE CAT N DOY NEW AUGUST 07
INCLUDES A MINI TURBO BRUSH
4.5 LITRE CAPACITY BAG
MAIN TURBO BRUSH HEAD
10 METRE OPERATING RADIUS
2200 WATT POWERFUL MOTOR

Stock Availability:

Tallaght: Special Order
Greenhills rd
Tallaght
D24

Sallynoggin: 3
Blanchardstown: 5
Finglas: 4
Coolock: 3
Fonthill: Special Order
Bray: 3
Drogheda: Special Order

Worth having a look at the [broken link removed]
have to agree here

my wife swears by her miele over anything else and if you look online, the Miele always comes out on top of every review

we bought it up north and saved about €50 and this was before the euro strenghened against the sterling

hi,

we have a miele also but not one specfically for pet hair so there are still hairs left on the carpet. however we have a really cheap carpet sweeper (around 15 euro in argos) and it's great at picking up the hairs. we usuually give a run over with the carpet sweeper on areas that the vacum cleaner failed on.

maybe a short term solution....

Worth having a look at the Roomba It's a robotic hoover and is good for pet hair (i.e. it uses brushes as well as suction)

I want one of these! However, the easyliving prices are way over the top. Much cheaper at electricshopping.ie. I have no affiliation, I was just doing research.

cheers,
Diziet

I want one of these! However, the easyliving prices are way over the top. Much cheaper at electricshopping.ie. I have no affiliation, I was just doing research.

cheers,
Diziet

I got mine cheaper on eBay including posting. It's fantastic, best purchase I've made in a long time.

I would recommend the Dyson Animal (pricey but well worth it). No bags and the suction is always good and strong - perfect for my multiple pet household!

Can anyone recommend a handheld vacuum for pet hair on couches? I'm using the dirt devil at the moment but after 6 months it seems to be dying a death.

[broken link removed]

Have a look at this link. At the bottom left hand side you will see two et brushes. Designed to attach to the end of any vacuum hose and to be used when grooming your pets.

I don't groom my dog...I hear you say. Neither did I but was always vacuuming the hairs off the couch, so what's the difference. This way you don't have hair all over the house and the dog has a better coat.

The only vacuum cleaner that will properly lift pet hair from carpet is one with a rotating brush assembly, no amount of suction will lift hairs that are embedded into the carpet, you need the physical brush contact to lift them.
I have a new fangled `top o the range suck the pattern off the carpet `one but when I need to get the pet hairs up i dig out the ancient big windsock bag thing that my mam used back in the Boer war days....still working with the odd belt replacement! Now I dont know if they still make ones with the rotating brush but if they do...that`s yer only man.

Back