Best online broker for buy and hold investor?

Degiro.
If I want to buy for example Berkshire Hathaway and Degiro have the option of 3 exchanges
NYSE ............ in US$
Tradegate ..in Euro
Exetra.......... in Euro
Would it make more sense to use an exchange asking in euro ?

Degiro.
If I want to buy for example Berkshire Hathaway and Degiro have the option of 3 exchanges
NYSE ............ in US$
Tradegate ..in Euro
Exetra.......... in Euro
Would it make more sense to use an exchange asking in euro ?
From memory tradegate might charge a higher fee as they offer something like extended trading hours?
That aside I generally pick the exchange with the highest trade volume.

It makes no difference at all
But if buying in euro (my account is in € ) is there still a currency exchange charge (0.25 %) involved because US company ?
Buying on NYSE would be in US$ so 0.25% exchange rate charge.
Thanks for your time. Appreciated.

Hi all,

has anyone used Revolut to buy / sell ETF?

It look straight forward but would welcome any experience insight.

I can see they are available on the app. It has Vanguard and iShare?

Thanks

When I place an order on the app it can take a number of days for it to show as having been completed, up to 5 days on occassions.
That is the same for all brokers. If I buy a stock today at EUR 7.59, and that trade is executed (on any platform), that is the price that the deal will complete at. But it takes a few days for the change in ownership to be documented/recorded, whatever they need to do in the back office. 5 days later the stock is trading at EUR 10, the deal "completes" but I still only paid 7.59.
Furthermore I can still sell those stocks at 10 Euro on day 4 (or day 2), even thought the deal is not "complete".

Certainly in any dealings I've had on any platform, this is the case. I ignore the complete date and treat it as irrelevant.

I’ve been with Saxo for nine years, I recently opened a De Giro account as Saxo would not allow me buy a particular investment trust ( JAM ) , I find the De Giro platform absolutely awful compared to Saxo

I’ve been with Saxo for nine years, I recently opened a De Giro account as Saxo would not allow me buy a particular investment trust ( JAM ) , I find the De Giro platform absolutely awful compared to Saxo
You might as well tell us why it's awful. What specifically?

Back