Best MP3 Player with Radio

IrishGunner

What's the best mp3 player with a radio something basic not to flashy

Have an Archos but would not risk taking it out on the bus route I get into the city for fear of been mugged or lynched or both

Fed up with just listening to the radio esp Marty Muppet but that's for another day

Any recommendations

I have a Creative MUVO TX FM

MP3/WMA player
512 MB (available @ 1GB)

FM radio (can record radio to MP3 @ 128 kps).
One AAA battery
USB2.0

Works well for me as a player & radio & USB stick.

I'm not claiming it to be the best - good 'bang for buck' though.

I have a creative labs Muvo v200 IGB.
Very easy to manage songs as works like usb stick. Got it in Dixons this year for €140. Very pleased with it.
My Friend has an iRiver which is 20GB and has radio but bit more expensive

Peats sell them got mine there and its very good

Radio quality is very good 357 for 30 gb

Check out the Creative ebay store. They currently have 1GB for 65 euro including delivery. Appears to be New apart from some outer box damage.
[broken link removed]

C2H5OH said:
Check out the Creative ebay store. They currently have 1GB for 65 euro including delivery. Appears to be New apart from some outer box damage.
[broken link removed]

Are these legit or affiliated with Creative or somebody who just set up a store

Prices look good and they have the earphones I am looking for

I believe that they are legit, but I havn't bought from them. The contact no. is in Dublin. It would appear to be Creative clearing returned stock. Some of the stock is refurbished. The stock seems to update fairly often. They seem to get generally good reviews on Ebay. i came across the link on Boards.ie

iRiver is ment to be the business.....a few friends have them and say they are far superior to the iPod. I'm not sure if you can gt them in stores in Ireland. You can certainly buy them online or else get them in the states if you know someone going over for the summer

Think I will go with the Creative MuVo Micro N200 - 1GB

Its basic but thats all I want

Dont use the Luas so hopefully the FM reception will be good

Easy to load up Mp3's from PC with this ???

Their ebay store is legit emailed creative themselves and there is good value on it

Was going to get an Iriver but for what I will use if for aint worth it and the Archos I have is great

Cheers

No reception problems on the Luas anyway, I listen to today FM on it in the morning.. It is simple to transfer music to, the software comes with it and is like windows explorer. It can also be used as a memory stick.
Let us know if your purchase from that ebay store goes smoothly

The current best MP3 Player with Radio appears to be the [broken link removed], at least according to some of my colleagues who swear by them... and also according to What Hi Fi, who for the first time in a while, rated another MP3 player higher than the iPod in their occasional series of MP3 Player Shootouts (although the iPod nano also got 5 stars).

If you have an iPod music library already and especially if you have downloaded songs from iTunes, then you would be better off with an FM radio attachment for an iPod.

If you don't have an iPod already, and if you don't already have a music collection in another format such as AAC (i.e. if you store your music in MP3 or, better still, WMA), then the Samsung seems hard to beat. (At least until Apple update their iPod / iPod nano again - a 10GB nano, anyone?)

There are other models in the range - the [broken link removed] (the names just roll off the tongue, don't they!) is €232 on Komplett - but a very similar model number is under €200 in Harvey Norman!

Hi everyone.

I followed this thread keenly as I haven't a clue about mp3's but wanted a player with a radio for the gym that wouldn't cost a fortune. I used [broken link removed] as recommended by IrishGunner above and I cannot praise them enough.

After all my research, I got a bit excited on ebay and bid for the wrong thing (yes I know, major bimbo moment). I phoned them, explained the situation and they let me swop it. Ordered it at 5.30 p.m. on Friday and had it on Tuesday morning. I think it was a really great deal. I bought this [broken link removed] thing. Still can't figure out the difference between a Zen and MuVo. My 1GB MuVo N200 came with an armband for gym use (which I didn't expect), a wire that lets me connect it directly to my stereo and convert my CDs without using the computer (and it works no problem, even for me) and software that seems easy to use for the USB/PC option (and headphones and a little rubbery cover thing). All for €62 including postage. I don't know why they are calling these refurbs or what have you, it came in its original (very difficult to open sealed-together plastic) packaging and looked spanking new.

Thanks everyone :)
Rebecca

I'm currently looking for a durable MUVO like mp3 player for the gym and jogging outside.

SomeWhere in the 512mb-1gig range.

Are mp3 players (without hard disks) durable enough to cope with jogging?

BillyNoMates said:
I'm currently looking for a durable MUVO like mp3 player for the gym and jogging outside.

SomeWhere in the 512mb-1gig range.

Are mp3 players (without hard disks) durable enough to cope with jogging?
As you say, the flash ones are durable enough to jog with but not the hard disk models, in my experience. (Not that you see me out jogging very often... It's so 80s... :))

You also want a decent battery life. I'd recommend an iPod nano (best PC/Mac software and an excellent player) or else the Samsung model below if you can't live without the radio.

MMM...MonsierBond are you sure that the [broken link removed], comes with Radio???

If it does can you tell me where you saw it, as it ticks all my boxes.
Thanks in advance.

rubberduckey said:
MMM...MonsierBond are you sure that the [broken link removed], comes with Radio???

If it does can you tell me where you saw it, as it ticks all my boxes.
Thanks in advance.
I saw it in person.

But if you click on the Specifications link on the page above, and scroll down, you will see:

Additional Features
  • Photo Viewer (JPEG) with Zoom in & out
  • Photo Slide Show (with Music)
  • FM Radio (Preset, Auto preset)

Thanks MonsieurBond, Unfortunately from that link the specifications seem to show no radio.

Still it looks a lovely piece of kit, its just I need a radio!!!

Additional Features Photo Viewer (JPEG) with Zoom in & out [broken link removed] Photo Slide Show (with Music) [broken link removed] Personal Wallpaper [broken link removed] FM Radio (Preset, Auto preset) -

Back