best commericial jeep around 30-35k

not to go a bit off topic here, but why do people always call SUV's, Jeeps?
Same reason people call vacuum cleaners... hoovers, I guess :)

I just bought a 2004 LandCruiser SWB Commercial. Have to say I'm very happy with it. Although, after only 2 weeks I can already tell it's going to gulp the diesel!! The suspension is fine. There's a little body roll but nothing too concerning/uncomfortable.

I wouldn't recommend the Pajero....they give a lot of trouble after a while. Land Cruiser is the way to go......they never give problems....and they hold their value

PeterMack

How do you find the crew cab? Whats the fuel consumption on them like?

thanks

Same reason people call vacuum cleaners... hoovers, I guess :)

I just bought a 2004 LandCruiser SWB Commercial. Have to say I'm very happy with it. Although, after only 2 weeks I can already tell it's going to gulp the diesel!! The suspension is fine. There's a little body roll but nothing too concerning/uncomfortable.

Land cruiser might be on the cards here too, but I am very interested in finding out about fuel consumption.

Current diesel saloon...650 miles for a full tank...about 60 litres to fill her. Landcruiser is about 87 litres aint it....anyone got figures, miles on a fill etc

Land cruiser might be on the cards here too, but I am very interested in finding out about fuel consumption.

Current diesel saloon...650 miles for a full tank...about 60 litres to fill her. Landcruiser is about 87 litres aint it....anyone got figures, miles on a fill etc

2004 LWB Landcruiser, 400 to 450 miles per tank.
Auto and using a/c. All around town.

Last edited:

Still on my first tank since I bought it, but needle is currently at 1/4 mark and clock shows 330 miles. So, I reckon glenamaddy's post about 400-450 is about right. I'm driving in Dublin traffic too, so I guess you might even squeeze in 500 miles if you're out on empty roads.

Diesel saloon is way more economical.

I have an X Trail but lookin into gettin the PAthfinder in Jan, 2.5 engine and if its like the x trail i'll be happy. Including Vat your looking at a start price of about 37K

Still on my first tank since I bought it, but needle is currently at 1/4 mark and clock shows 330 miles. So, I reckon glenamaddy's post about 400-450 is about right. I'm driving in Dublin traffic too, so I guess you might even squeeze in 500 miles if you're out on empty roads.

Diesel saloon is way more economical.

I will be travelling up and down the N11 to dublin each day, so I would assume the 500+ would be achievable there.

As for the saloon, I totally agree with you, I will miss it, but running a car for those miles from after tax income seems like a waste if I have a limited company to leverage VAT-wise etc

I will be travelling up and down the N11 to dublin each day, so I would assume the 500+ would be achievable there.

As for the saloon, I totally agree with you, I will miss it, but running a car for those miles from after tax income seems like a waste if I have a limited company to leverage VAT-wise etc
Exactly. My private car was costing my €650-€700 per month to run. My Commercial 4x4 is costing around €900. However, I only have to earn €900 to run the 4x4 whereas I needed to earn roughly €1300 to run the car. Clear winner. Granted I could claim part of the running costs for the private car, but I still reckon it works out cheaper to put the vehicle through the books.

I only have to earn €900 to run the 4x4 whereas I needed to earn roughly €1300 to run the car. Clear winner.

Yep, that makes perfect sense. I am running an audit on my car budget this month to give me a true picture of what it is costing, and I think I will be in for quite a shock to be honest. It will be a no-brainer I think.

Back