best commericial jeep around 30-35k

lamb

Hi

I work as an electrician and about to buy a new commercial jeep ( have the old hiace van long enough). I have narrowed it done to a SHB land cruiser or the new Santa fea.

Anybody got any opinions?? ( would you recommend the automatic version of these vehicles?)... it has to have air con

Hi lamb!

I would go for the Landcruiser! A far superior jeep in my opinion! The Santa Fe is like a tin can compared to it! I would definitely go for an automatic too if the price is right!

Spicey

Hi

SWB landcrusier auto is around 39,700 euro while the manual is 36,300...just a bit out of my range

Lamb,
Definitely the Toyota.
Have a 06 one myself. 37000 kms on the clock now and and not one problem. They hold the value very well. Garage offered to tarde up to a 07 for 3500 inc vat.
millie 06

Hi Millie

Good point.. Think I will opt fot the toyota.. A quick question.. What is the on-road performance like ( mine will never see the fields unless i stick it in a ditch!).. I looked a survey up whatcar.co.uk and it say the vehicle suffers from bodyroll and the suspension can be a bit firm.

Toyota Landcruiser are a great jeep, but for comfort I'd go for the LWB.
I'd go manual. When trading them in you get good money but people that buy SWB will nearly always buy a LWB the next time.

Lamb

If you are not going offroad why a 4x4

A van would be cheaper to buy run maintain. etc etc.

Hi

I work as an electrician and about to buy a new commercial jeep ( have the old hiace van long enough). I have narrowed it done to a SHB land cruiser or the new Santa fea.

Anybody got any opinions?? ( would you recommend the automatic version of these vehicles?)... it has to have air con

Frank

Hand a hiace van the last 5 years.. been good myself and need a bit of comfort in me old age

Frank

Hand a hiace van the last 5 years.. been good myself and need a bit of comfort in me old age

You won't have half the space in a SWB landcruser, the landcruser is tehthe best 4x4 on the road no question but do you not honestly think they are go too much of a fashion statement?

You could also have a look at a Mitsubishi Pajero. Its a lovely machine and I think its a little cheaper than the Land Cruiser. Also more automatics available.

I have narrowed it done to a SHB land cruiser or the new Santa fea.

Know someone who has had both and the Sante Fe is more reliable and cheaper to run.

Hi lamb,
Sorry about the delay in replying. To answer your question the SWB handles fine on the road. Slight body roll but really not bad and I drive on a lot of back country roads. The LWB is a lot better for access to gear in the back but it depends on how much stuff you carry.

SEE If this is any use to you lamb: I done a bit of a survey in my local area, There are 10 electricians that I know in my area, only 1 has a jeep and its a sante fe that he uses himself but he also has 3 vans for workers, All the rest have vans. They use their cars wheather it be their own or G.Fs or wife's for weekends.

I would not dismiss the Santa Fe at all: it has got v. good write-ups in the magazines, it is likely to be v. reliable, it is cheaper than the Toyota, fuel consumption will be better, it looks infinitely better, the SWB is bumpy though LWB fine. Have a look at whatcar.com.

Back