Becoming a better public speaker courses?

Toast Masters. Look up for a local one.

Used to really hate public speaking myself. I found the best way to get over it was to practice the speech/ presentation so many times that I knew it by heart. As you know the flow of the speech, you know if you say a few words differently, you can get back on track quickly. It also presents better. Been to tons of conferences over the years and there's nothing worse than a speaker who is literally reading off the page in front of them or constantly looking at the screen to read their presentation instead of their audience.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Toast Masters. Look up for a local one.

Used to really hate public speaking myself. I found the best way to get over it was to practice the speech/ presentation so many times that I knew it by heart. As you know the flow of the speech, you know if you say a few words differently, you can get back on track quickly. It also presents better. Been to tons of conferences over the years and there's nothing worse than a speaker who is literally reading off the page in front of them or constantly looking at the screen to read their presentation instead of their audience.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

i agree, have spent the last week at our global strategy meetings and the difference between the good and bad speakers is night and day, this year i didnt have to speak but it reminded me how uncomfortable i am, and how it must be for those watching so this is the year i do something about it!

The company I work for got the communications clinic to come onsite to deliver a presentation skills course. They video you giving a presentation and play it back to you which is critiqued by you and your peers. I found this very good as it highlights what you did right and wrong such as not looking at your audience, taking too fast not using hand gestures.

Back