Beaupark to change - a lot

G

GrahamP

THE FOLLOWING IS FROM www.dublincity.ie Planning reference no. 5945/04, which has a decision date of 22-Feb-05.
Gannon is well known for planning changes and unless residents and future residents kick up a fuss, Beaupark will not be the place everyone thought they were buying into....

Planning permission is sought by Gannon Homes Ltd. for revisions to Blocks 12, 16, roads, carparks, town square and associated site works in the previously approved development (Ref. 0132/02 & PL 29N131058 for a large mixed use residential development on lands north of Grange Road, Donaghmede, Dublin 13, bounded by the Dublin-Belfast Railway, Mayne River and Father Collins Park. Access is provided from approved distributor roads under construction from Hole in the Wall Road. The approved design of the town square is redesigned and includes the following: 5 no. pavilion buildings comprising; 2 no. retail kiosks, 2 no. stairs and 1 no. lifts/stairs to park and ride (115 sq.m.), performance stage, playground, canopy covered bike parking spaces, water feature, seating, ventilation grilles and lighting, bus taxi pick up/set down points, taxi rank, vehicular entrance and exit to Park and Ride car park under. The approved provision for a future underpass road link to lands east of the railway is to be omitted and replaced by: A civic pedestrian route south of Block 16 and a vehicular road north and east of Block 16 both of which link the town square to the lands east of the railway via a proposed overbridge and railway station (subject of a current planning application, Dublin City Council Ref. 5050/04 and Fingal County Council Ref. F04A/1484). The approved: (6-8 storey Block 12 comprising: supermarket, cafe, public house, restaurant, off licence, retail units and offices totalling 10,728 sq.m, 223 apartments, an underground carpark of 700 spaces for block and town/park and ride) is to be omitted and replaced by: 6 storey Block 12 over basement comprising: A 708 space 4-storey public car park accessed from road 19. Supermarket (2575 sq.m.) 1 no. 1st floor retail (2815 sq. m.), 4 no. retail units (388 sq.m.), 1 no. off licence (80 sq.m.), loading bay accessed from road 3, public circulation (1204 sq.m.), kiosk (26 sq.m.), juice bar/cafe (137 sq.m.), cafe (139 sq.m.) 67 bedroom hotel with bar, restaurant and outdoor terrace at first floor (5049 sq.m.), Outdoor pavement seating with canopies on south elevation (105 sq.m.), Associated signage, Offices (1823 sq.m.), 2 no. sub-stations, 4 no. one bed apartments, 4 no. two bedroom apartments with private balconies on north and west elevations. 25 no. three bed. duplex units with private terraces at third floor podium garden level above carpark and plantroom (500 sq.m.) 91 space underground private car park for private and commercial use under Block 12 accessed from road 18 and a 464 space Park and Ride car park (16,053 sq.m.), which extends under the town square, public roads, civic pedestrian route, Block 12 and Block 16. The approved: (6-8 storey Block 16 containing retail, cinema and media associated uses totalling 9,233 sq.m.) is to be omitted and replaced by: 6-7 stories over 2 storey basement comprising: 5 no. retail units (1,725 sq.m.), 1 no. cafe (190 sq.m.) with outdoor pavement seating on south elevation (80 sq.m.), associated signage, substation, 14 no. one bed., 55 no. two bed. and 2 no. three bed. apartments and 16 no. two bed. duplex units. All with balconies or roof terraces on the south, east and west elevations accessed from 1st floor podium garden level. Residential car parking accessed by 2 no. car lifts from new vehicular road.

Register NOW for the Sherry Fitz Beaupark Brochure April edition....

Title edited by ClubMan.

This is normal

This is normal practice for developers.
People will buy off the plans into a development and later will discover that the development will end up being much bigger and denser than on the plans.

And for some reason the developer ALWAYS gets planning permission for the changes no matter how many object.

Chances are you'll put your buy the place and before its ready for you to move in further PP has been granted. Noone lives in the area to object yet anyway.

Re: This is normal

Also, Menolly and Killoe are building Beaupark. The Gannon homes development is on the other side of the railway tracks, this is what this planning permission is for.

Re: This is normal

Gannon owns the whole Beaupark site. Menolly and Killoe buy plots of land from Gannon to build their own homes. If the retail park etc, which is left of the entrance road,
(Bounded by the Dublin-Belfast Railway, Mayne River and Father Collins Park.), is done away with, it will mean apartments, apartments and no "Retail and Leisure facilities", as quoted..
No point in talking about it.. Its going to take a lot of local complaints to hold onto what is suppose to be, before its too late...

Re

What would be the best way to keep a check on such applications and file the objections?

You can do a planning search on www.dublincity.ie
Application number for this is 5945/04.
In terms of filing a successful application, its not going to be easy. It will take a petition to be signed by as many present/future residents stating the obvious. Bit of work to be done but it will be regretted if it is left to pass... Meeting a friend whos a TD for advice. He worked for Dublin City Council so should have information by Tuesday/Wednesday..
Have a good weekend all!!!
Graham

I grew up in the area. As I stated on an earlier post re this subject there was huge objection to this development in the local area. It was also widely felt that as soon as the initial planning permission was granted and work had started, Gannon homes would lodge change of use applications to try sqeeze in more apartments & houses. Its common practise for developers to do this.

As there aren't many residents in situ at the moment I'd advise that you contact the various residents associations in the local area. My guess is there will be a lot of support for objections. I'll certainly mention it to the parents over the weekend. You might consider contacting the Northside People who may just be interested in carrying a story.

Does anyone know what is being built at the moment in Beaupark on Block 20 and Block 21 as per the map of the estate.

There is an article in the Irish Times today on Beaupark; about how it will be part of a new towncentre with shops, cinema etc. Not true now if Gannon get their changes as per Graham's post.

Also was down on the site at the weekend. Roads around estate seem very narrow. Are they legal minimum? Esp the road in front of the creche.

Yes, the roads seems quite narrow, but at least the roads are only short roads. If you were out in Drynam Hall at all in Kinsealy, which is built by the same builder you will see that the roads are even more narrow, in my opinion. Also they may seem more narrow as there are no front gardens as such and this might make them look smaller alright.
Does anyone have the copy of the article from the times?

Does anybody living in Beauparc at the moment know how the block of houses directly directly behind the creche are coming on! The road is called Beauparc Avenue and is supposed to be ready April/May but the last time I looked they were only half way up.

Hi Debbie,

That road are on their second level. The builders are back in work this morning after their Easter break. I'm on the Row and can see that both sides of the Avenue have their first storey built and i'd say they'll have they'll be up to roof level within the next week. So i'd say you're place will be ready by the end of May by the looks of it.

Unregistered said:
Hi Debbie,

That road are on their second level. The builders are back in work this morning after their Easter break. I'm on the Row and can see that both sides of the Avenue have their first storey built and i'd say they'll have they'll be up to roof level within the next week. So i'd say you're place will be ready by the end of May by the looks of it.
Thanks a lot for that info. Much appreciated. Had tried ringing the site office but could not get an answer!

Debbie

Anybody got anymore info on how this Planning application is proceeding? or how it can be stopped. As a current resident I know I'd be rather Pee-d Off if they where allowed to get away with this.

DotsC

DotsC said:
Anybody got anymore info on how this Planning application is proceeding? or how it can be stopped. As a current resident I know I'd be rather Pee-d Off if they where allowed to get away with this.

DotsC

You might find that it goes through and gets approved in the sortest possible time.
I've seen this before and there is nothing you can do about it at all.
It will be approved

By looking at the Dublin City planning site it looks like its been denied/held up for a number of reasons. These are outlined on the second tab of the details section of the page it says a decision was due in Feb 05 - then it has reasons for decline and has about 6 or 7 links for detailed information as to why it was declined.

I've read all the"Conditions/Reasons For Refusal:" Everybody from the parks department to the Planning Department are refusing the application until alternate plans are given on a whole host of issues including "alternative location for cinema, swimming pool etc."

That would seem to sound like they are insisting that these facilities are included before they'll grant the planning application no???

Spot on DotsC!! Friend of mine put me in touch with Celine Reilly of Dublin City Council. She was very helpful in finding out what was happening..
She brought it up with the architects as to why certain facilities were to be ommited. Turns out now, they WILL be keeping all facilities but they are changing them from block 12 to block 13.. Strange..
She also said that the best way to keep the pressure on future applications from being approved is for everyone to personally fax or email her, with your contact details, stating why you want such facilities in your area and the obvious downfalls if you dont have them... She will then keep them all on file and hopefully they will be considered if such applications were to be thrown into the "Kerry Tribune" for nobody to see.....
Celine Reilly Fax: 01 8775851. Email: [email protected]

The authorities make a fair few bob from pbjections.
Look at the amount of objections to the new airport terminal and they were just ignored even though hundreds of people paid for them. That surely isnt right.

Has anyone ever heard of a house completion being held up for reasons of...Access for utilities! We are buying on Beauparc Avenue and were given a date of April/May now it is been changed to May/june.

Back