Bankinter App woes

Evie1962

Frequent Poster
Messages
56
Hello all.
Has anyone had issues with the Bankinter App? I opened a term deposit account in January and it’s maturing in a couple of weeks. I need to use the app to let Bankinter know what I want to do with the funds on maturity. I downloaded the app and got an activation code for it. Try as I might and despite 4 calls today to Bankinter I cannot get the activation code to work. I was advised to uninstall and reinstall the app which I’ve done. I’ve received at least 4 activation codes to use - none work. It doesn’t help that they’re a mixture of letters, numbers, upper and lower case etc. And of course there are 1s and Is and zeroes and Os throughout. Nothing works.
I’m used to apps. I use them all the time but cannot figure this out. I’m driven demented.
Anyone any ideas before I ring them again.
One agent spoke to IT for me but they had no solution.
 
Can you select the text you've been sent and either copy and paste it into a text to speech app or activate speech in Siri or Alexa?

e.g. Speechify, NaturalReader, Voice Generator, etc or your favourite word processor
 
The ‘full stop’ at end of code was not part of code for me.
Agree, their capital ‘I’ and small ‘l’ can be confused.
Took me two re-issues of code to get lucky.
I also suspect it’s possible that there’s a delay between the code arriving and it being usable.
 
Yes I got the letter too re maturing deposits. It says to download the app to choose what you want to do with the funds on maturity.
If I can’t get it to work I’ll leave it and just ask them to send the funds back to me.
God help anyone who hasn’t a smart phone or more usually the capacity to use it.
 
I downloaded the app to open the account last January to open the account as I had no access to a computer abroad at the time and it all went seamless for me then.
 
My Bankinter deposit matured today and all I have to do is tick the box to reinvest, there is a message firstly to make sure you have the latest version of the App.
 
For what it’s worth I received the following by SMS today. It’s the first time I received such a message from Bankinter.

Important: To continue using the Bankinter app, please ensure you have the latest version installed from the App Store or Google Play. Older versions will no longer be supported.

If you can still access the app, you may already have updated automatically and no action is required. If not, simply update to the latest version.

Bankinter S.A., trading as Bankinter, is authorised by the Banco de España in Spain and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for consumer protection rules.
 
It’s the first time I received such a message from Bankinter.

Ditto...
I couldn't access the app on my phone, so went on to it on play store.
It immediately offered me the option to upgrade, which I did.
Took less than a minute and all working good now.
 
they just called me there for feedback on the app and see what was and wasnt working and asked what device i used etc.
 
Same. Had two calls to support and 3 activation code attempts. Each one failed in different ways. First two the activation codes worked and I created a pin but the pin would never work. I could use it to create a secure code so it was valid but that secure code wouldn't work on website login either. 3rd activation code never worked, said invalid code and then tried again and said code already used.
Back on with their support now and they sent a 4th code and it worked finally.
 
Hello,
Just posting my issue in case someone has a quick fix. I signed to Bankinter Ireland last month and the App worked. After a week it stopped working. Called the helpline several times and was advised that my android phone might be too old, then the App download might not be a recent version. Tried again today. But got 'internet connection appears to be offline '. Called Bankinter twice. Agent 1 advised me to get someone to help installing the App. Agent 2 advised me to go to my Internet/ phone provider. I've rebooted the phone and reinstalled the App without success. All other Apps are working without issue (ptsb, Monzo etc).
 
Called the helpline several times and was advised that my android phone might be too old, then the App download might not be a recent version.
For what it's worth, according to Google Play Store the latest version is 1.0.36 and it works on Android 8.1 or later.

1000030141.webp

Agent 2 advised me to go to my Internet/ phone provider.
That sounds like a tech support cop out.
 
Back
Top