Bank of Scotland plastic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link and info.
I'm just off the phone now from BOS and again they have promised to call me back today or tomorrow. I've been sent from from pilar to post.

It's ridiculous at this stage and to be honest after all the running around they have given me I don't think I want to do business with them.

The UB opion sounds great and I hope there customer service is a vast improvement on BOS's.
It's Just a a pain having to send off all that application stuff again. Worth it though I know and like I said I need the 0%!

Thanks a million

i finally got my bos credit card today. i am very pleased with the credit limit plus it is a very stylish card compared with others i've seen. it was worth the wait. :)

Hi Alex

It is a good-looking card. I was in a shop yesterday and gave my AMEX which they didn't take, so then offered my Plastic. The lady behind the counter said "Oh, this is a really swish card. I must get one of those. Where did you get it?"

I had to smile!

Marion

Marion said:
Hi Alex

It is a good-looking card. I was in a shop yesterday and gave my AMEX which they didn't take, so then offered my Plastic. The lady behind the counter said "Oh, this is a really swish card. I must get one of those. Where did you get it?"

I had to smile!

Marion

hi marion. the shape of my bos credit card reminds me of the "mint" card which is in the uk.

Alex said:
are you still waiting for your card judy?

Still waiting! I rang them Friday last and asked for update....they promised to ring me back and they did on Saturday but I missed call. I rang them straight back but because I didn't have the name of the person who called me (they never left their name!!!) it was impossible to find out what they wanted.

I emailed them as a result and received a reply asking me to phone them. Again i have no name and If call I will be back at the beginning explaining all again. I just want my original documents sent back to me now. I have given up. I don't want to do businness with a company that has this type of costumer service (if that is the correct term to use!)
It is very frustrating and I'm losing money while waiting for them to contact me.

I have superb credit rating,earn an excellent wage and have a great job. I just don't see where the problem is really. :mad:

Think of what it will be like if there is ever a problem with your account-better off going with someone else.

If you really want a funny shaped card, maybe you can cut the corner off another card?

judy, i am sorry to hear about all the trouble you are having with bosi. i can't speak for anyone else but if it were me i'd make a formal complaint and see what happens, that's if you haven't done so already. tell them how frustrating it is and demand that you get your original documentation back. they should return it. i got all mine back yesterday along with the card.

is it possible to make a payment to a credit card by cheque before a bill is issued? i will be going on holiday soon and i am concerned that the bill might issued while i'm away. payment could also be due while i'm away. i am not paying by direct debit. my bank doesn't allow me to set up a bosi credit card as a bill payment option.

I am not 100% sure but I think you can make a payment by cheque to a credit card before a bill is issued. I had a Bank of Ireland MasterCard/Visa up to quite recently and I was able to make a payment before the bill was issued via an ATM. I am not 100% sure about doing it by cheque so maybe someone else can help. I presume if you can do it via an ATM you can do it other ways too.

Mimi

Plastic update!!!!

I rang them again....this is costing me a fortune! They said that they never receieved my 2nd proof of address. I am livid as it was a visa bill but they said they never received it. I am approved for my plastic but i have to send them another proof of address!

I have no idea why they havn't received it but it's their word against mine I guess and nothing I can do!

This is a typical Judybaby scenario anyway ...what can go wrong will!!! :)

Judybaby73, if they are costing you a fortune i'd leave it if i were you and go elsewhere!

Can anyone tell me how much stamp duty would be paid on a credit card account were there is an additional cardholder? Is it 40 euro per card or 40 euro per account? Thanks.

Mimi

Got as letter asking me for one more proof of address. They stated my plastic is approved. I now have my proof of address in the pre-paid envelope and ready to go tomorrow! Hopefully Judybaby will have her card very very soon! Watch this space!

The id documentation they request is that which they are legally obliged to do to stop Money laundering. They simply need you to prove you are who you say you are and that you live where you say you live. I would have thought BOS have a back log because it is a new product and therfore popular. Clipper1981 did you check they have all you details correctly. Also the credit limit you had on your old credit card would have been based on the length of time you had it of course

Qawra said:
The id documentation they request is that which they are legally obliged to do to stop Money laundering. They simply need you to prove you are who you say you are and that you live where you say you live. I would have thought BOS have a back log because it is a new product and therfore popular.

I understand all that Qawra. The problem was that they appeared to have lost or not received one of the bills I sent as proof of my address! Quite annoying as I like to keep all visas bills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back