Bank of Scotland plastic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex said:
marco, what info did you send when you made the application? did they contact you looking for anything else or did they just send out the card?

I sent them two utility bills and copy of my passport as described here

[broken link removed]

They didn't contact me for anything else and just sent out the card.

Mark

that seems simple enough. thanks for the info. i just thought they would be looking for a host of things after getting id and proof of address. how long did it take for you to get the card after you sent off the application?

well there was a slight delay I think I had it within two weeks. I think you get a letter of approval and then the card and pin comes later as far I remember

I got a letter from Bank of Sotland today saying they have been trying to contact me by mobile (i never answer private number calls!)
So I rang them back ...so nice on phone...they must know I am a superb customer!!!
Anyway I had to send them a photocopy of my drivers licence, 2 bills with my name and address on as well as a pay slip...

They said I should have it by early next week!! Woo hoo! 0%!!!

Make sure you check the limit that they're going to give you on the CC. I know someone who ears a fair wedge and was only offered a limit of €1500.00 ...which isn't that great especially if you planned on doing a balance transfer from another card....

it looks like they ask some people for id, proof of address and a payslip while others don't need to send in a payslip at all???

Upstihaggity said:
Make sure you check the limit that they're going to give you on the CC. I know someone who ears a fair wedge and was only offered a limit of €1500.00 ...which isn't that great especially if you planned on doing a balance transfer from another card....

Excellent point! If my application is successful and the credit limit is rubbish....i presume i don't have to accept the card after all!....yes??

Insofar as I’m aware, as long as you don’t call to activate it, and ensure that you tell BOSI that you don’t want it (and explain why..then maybe they'll offer a product thats worth having!) then you shouldn’t be liable in any shape or form for the government levy.

Judybaby73 said:
I've just emailed them now ....so ...lets wait and see!!!!
:p

if you don't mind me asking, what email address did you use? the only email address i have seen on their website is for complaints. thank you.

Upstihaggity said:
Insofar as I’m aware, as long as you don’t call to activate it, and ensure that you tell BOSI that you don’t want it (and explain why..then maybe they'll offer a product thats worth having!) then you shouldn’t be liable in any shape or form for the government levy.

I just rang BOS as I received an email asking me to do so. Ispoke to a ridiculous man who hadn't a clue why I was ringing even though they had asked me to.. I am just after sending an email to them again explaining that I had rang but it was pointless! No news on the credit limit but at this stage and with my constant ranting at them I'm expecting it to be 50euro!! Bloody hell is BOS customer service aslways this bad?

Folks-please don't post e-mail address details of BoSI staff members unless you have their consent to do so (or the info is freely available on the BoSI website). Information like this can be exchanged via PM.

is there a general email address for bosi that anyone can contact? their website doesn't seem to show one. am i missing it somehow? i could have sworn it was there a few weeks ago when they launched.

If you call their Help Desk 1890 81 82 83 and ask for an email address of one of the staff...they should supply it to you.

Got another letter from Bank of Scotland today asking me for ANOTHER proof of address! (i sent two already!) They must not believe me. How much proof is the norm? Also they never returned my pay-slip and I emailed to tell them and they keep telling me to ring with my enquiry!! I mean its not an enquiry really... I just want my payslip back!!!
Do the people who answer the emails not work in collaboration with the people who have the payslips???? :p hee hee

I think its time to forget BOS....their loss ...bigtime ....more form filling for me now as im off to sign up with Tesco or maybe Ulster bank. Decisions decisions!:cool:

Just as I had finished my last post today ...the phone rang! It was Bank of Scotland! Ignore last request for proof of address...I have been approved! PHEW!! at long last!

Lets hope it is worth the wait now.

Hi Judybaby73

If you receive your card today or tomorrow don't activate it until Monday to avoid paying the stamp duty for 2005 - 2006. If you have already activated your a/c you will be liable to pay the stamp duty.

Marion

Last edited:
Marion said:
Hi Judybaby73

If you receive your card today or tomorrow don't activate it until Monday to avoid paying the stamp duty for 2005 - 2006. If you have already activated your a/c you will be liable to pay the stamp duty.

Marion

Oh Marion-thanks so much for that advice! very much appreciated!:D

Ok ok ok ....2 months now and stuill haven't received the card! Holy hell or what. The customer service is so poor. They don't know anything!!!!!!!! I think i'll forget it afterall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back