Bad credit rating, need replacement gas boiler asap

Are you up to date with your mortgage now?
Has it been restructured?

As it happens, mortgage payments in Ireland are optional. If you divert your mortgage payments to replacing your boiler, it will delay the repair of your credit record, but there isn't much the lender can do about it.

It is also the cheapest form of finance.

You don't need to do a money makeover, but a mortgage history would be useful.

If you are subject to repossession proceedings at an advanced stage, then the above course of action would not be advisable.

Brendan
 
You don't need to do a money makeover,
Well, it would be useful to know the household net income, the normal/restructured mortgage repayments, where the household income is going, etc. All stuff that a Money Makeover would provide instead of having to drag it out piecemeal.
 
Brendan thanks, no not repossession stages but sending me very many reminders and I have just entered back into the repayment process. Sadly I had not paid the mortgage to fix everything else up and left the boiler till last what with the warmer weather and all of that thinking now I am back in payments I would be able to find a loan to cover the boiler cost so even if I default again it will take a couple of months even to get the boiler money together and we will already be back in freezing cold weather by then. I wish I could go back in time and think more logically but I just hit a wall when it came to logical thought.
 
think more logically but I just hit a wall when it came to logical thought
I'd agree with your assessment.

You are going around in circles here. Plenty of good suggestions, but you keep repeating your problem.

A money makeover post would start to order your thoughts in a more coherent fashion.

Also look at Dave Ramsey (skip his religious stuff) he's very good on budgeting.
 
I would get one of the portable gas heaters
SuperSer is the brand of mine, a great handy asset to have for emergencies.

SuperSer F180

A cylinder of gas is €35/40 plus about €25 payment for the initial cylinder, €200/220 all told. If you could put away €40/week between now and the end of October, you have a short-term solution in place.
 
Last edited:
@mathepac I have one of the Sahara Provence type in navy, the prettier more expensive version of the Super Ser but I love it! :)

Although I must say that green one is lovely too, that colour wasn't there when I was buying!

 
Apologies I took so long to get back to the thread and have not as yet read through the replies however I got proactive in the interim, got on to adverts and sold things that we no longer use to bring in some cash, put in my tax return for last year which bafflingly I had not already done along with Med2 from my childs braces payments last year and between the money owed to me from revenue, the cash from adverts and speaking to one final plumber who quoted me 3k I have managed to get the money together and the boiler is being replaced next Friday. I do appreciate all the help and comments and will read back now but just occured to me that I had all but ghosted my own thread.
 
Oh and the mortgage payments I had made an agreement to start paying back and mortgage company agreed to capitalise once i had three months behind me but it was still not in time to get a loan so I am glad now I was pushed to my personal limits and actually got off my rear in order to organise the cash myself. Mortgage repayments will be in full again from october with a partial payment this month and I am very lucky to 'only' be 6 months in arrears with the mortgage but burying my head in the sand certainly is not something I will do again.
 
Back
Top