Baby after settling family separation

Thanos0

I've just settled a family separation last week.

Under the settlement agreement, I will pay her a sum of money per week.

My son was looking through her phone today and he came to me afterwards and asked if his mother was pregnant.

I said I didn't know.

If she is actually pregnant , what effect does it have on the settlement?

Is it yours?it would be a very relevant fact to alter the settlement more in her favour,surely.

If you are the baby's father you will be expected to support the child and at this point that will include maternity costs.

In the interests of preserving your relationship I would strongly recommend waiting until you are told.

I am not the baby's father. She has a boyfriend but I also know she has been playing around also.

It is quite possible she was pregnant at the court case and settled.

Would this have affected the settlement?

What reason would it have to affect your settlement? If the child isn't yours, you're not responsible for the child. Whoever the father is will be. But from what you've said you have at least one child with her, which presumably the basis on which a settlement was agreed.

The financial settlement isn't some kind of moral reward, its based on the obligations you have to each other. While the money she will need each week may go up if she has another child, I don't think there's any risk of you being expected to pay for that. Similarly, if she has maintenance from that child's father coming in, I don't see why that would be taken into account.

It affects Settlement as she got a great property deal for a very small amount of money. The fact was however she had a new baby, another partner and was getting the property for next to nothing while person a got screwed. Considering she had this new partner with substantial income they made a huge gain by purchasing property for next to nothing. Not declaring this affected the settlement.

Not your baby = nothing to do with you.

She is embarking on another relationship = nothing to do with you.

You have a child = this child needs to be supported and raised by you both.

Item 3 is your only concern.

The point is that she and her boyfriend got to purchase a house for little. She didn't declare either boyfriend or new baby and wouldn't have been able to get that settlement if she declared. She therefore did not declare it and made a gain by deception. Considering the money involved she was able to prejudice the court.

Under the settlement agreement, I will pay her a sum of money per week

The money you pay is for your son. Not for 'Her'

The judges role in the settlement is to make provision for your son. The fact that your ex has a new partner and may or may not pregnant is irrelenent. The fact is that you are the father of this boy and you must provide for him accordingly.

You sound very bitter to be honest. You hopefully have a long life ahead of you. Let your ex get on With her life, and you get on with yours. Move on From this settlement. Pay whatever maintenance you are ordered to pay, see your son as much as possible and be the best dad you can possibly be. Life is short - move on.

Who said I had a son. No mention of it.

As regards maintenance, I am not arguing about that.

The division of property is the argument.

She got €570000 for €100000 but she will be able to restructure.

I will have to take a debt on of €200000 to start again.

She would not have got such a deal if it was known she was pregnant and I would have got probably €160000 instead.

I think it's the court of appeal for sure. Civil bill is prepared and affidavit ready.

"Who said I had a son"

Its 50/50 to be one or the other - pointless argument.

"division of property is the argument."

And the fact that she is in a new relationship won't make a whit of difference.

The point is that she will get rewarded by knockdown prices for good assets instead of being a fair split.

After she cheated. To get such a deal and a new fella basically inherits the wealth I created seems wrong.

Secondly I will struggle for the rest of my life because of this while she and her new partner are rewarded.

Not that it makes any difference, bu in fairness to Xoxo you did say in your opening post, "your son was looking through his mums phone"

Look, you resent the fact your ex is moving on with her life, and that's understandable as you feel you have a bigger hill now to climb, but unless you try to move on with your life, this bitterness will consume you.

What's done is done, it won't alter a jot with the new pregnancy.

For what it's worth, unless you let this go, you now risk the relationship with your son, as he will be forced into a position to take sides.

Ok . Forgot about mentioning my son but my points remain.

I feel I'm been ripped off because she got a better deal as it appeared she was single.

It now turns out I got a much worse deal and they are comfortable at my expense.

Basically they are taking 310k in equity for 100k

So in what court is a notice to appeal the consent orders done?

Circuit family court or court of appeal in aras ui dhulaigh?

"it appeared she was single. "

You're not making sense.

I thought you and your former wife were married and this was a JS settlement?

Were you not married?

She got the majority of the equity value because it was assumed she had no serious partner ready to move in.

Now it appears she has but got a greater settlement because of the presumption

Back