Average Apartment ESB Bill

3 bed semi-d.

ESB: Last seven 2-monthly bills have been 56, 72, 66, 73, 54, 63, 33... averages ~30 per month.

Gas: Last seven 2-monthly bills have been 96, 157, 146, 162, 105, 62, 72... averages ~55 per month.

Ya clubman, we put the rad on at nite, then turn if off in the morning. I know its not a good idea to put the washing machine on at nite, but isn't that when esb is cheaper. Is nightsaver only for storage heaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy1 http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=453871#post453871
use 1 storage heater a few times a week to dry the clothes,

You mean you switch it on to charge overnight and then dry the clothes when it's warm and then switch it off before the next nightly charging cycle? Or do you mean that you stick the built in convection part which uses full rate electricity during the day?

Quote:
put the wash on at nite as we use nightsaver
Not a good idea from a safety point of view to put such appliances on at night or when leaving the house.

Quote:
does nt make sense.
As I mentioned above and in several other similar threads it's not rocket science but may take a little effort to find out exactly where the electricity is being used.

Ya clubman, we put the rad on at nite, then turn if off in the morning. I know its not a good idea to put the washing machine on at nite, but isn't that when esb is cheaper. Is nightsaver only for storage heaters?
As far as I know (need to double check) when the night meter kicks in at 11PM or midnight all electricity in the house is charged at the night rate. Are you sure that you're switching the storage heater part and not the convection heater part on at night?

Mine is 250 in the winter...about 150 in the summer.

2 bed, electric cooking and heating.

yep clubman
it only has one switch on the wall.

Then you turn the temp from 1-8 during the day!!

I'm in a 2-bed apartment also - and bills are €70 give or take a few €€€s every two months. Use CFLs and don't run the clothes dryer... ;)

Heating is gas though - usually another €70 every two months in the summer, €100 in winter. It's a timberframe building though with great insulation which really keeps the place toasty.

Per 2 months.
I thought only businesses got monthly bills or can you request a monthly bill?
Not sure but a few people have posted what they claim are monthly bill amounts and I wonder if, in fact, they are actually two monthly bill amounts leading to some confusion when comparing costs?

Back