Avantcard Cashback €144 per year - New & existing customers

It’s very unreliable. If you search here there have been other threads listing the issues. My problems with it have been online and offline.

I've been using my Avant credit card for about two months and I haven't had one problem with it online or offline. The cashback showed up yesterday.

Just checked the Avantcard website, they have removed the cashback feature for new customers.

Just checked the Avantcard website, they have removed the cashback feature for new customers.

I found the following under credit card faq's:

"The Cashback option was removed from Reward+ on 19 Jan 2022, customers who have the Cashback reward receive 1.25% paid on shopping and entertainment..."

I'm hopeful we'll retain it but it's not the strongest statement ever. Roll on early march and we'll know one way or another.

Is cashback in our T&C's? If it is I presume any change would require them to notify us in advance.

Could indicate that they might want to get out of the credit card business here. Keeping cashback would have been a major factor in helping them attract KBC customers

I'd h
I found the following under credit card faq's:

"The Cashback option was removed from Reward+ on 19 Jan 2022, customers who have the Cashback reward receive 1.25% paid on shopping and entertainment..."

I'm hopeful we'll retain it but it's not the strongest statement ever. Roll on early march and we'll know one way or another.

Is cashback in our T&C's? If it is I presume any change would require them to notify us in advance.
If they were removing it from existing customers, they'd have written to inform them. If nobody has received any info on this, I'd take it the cashback continues for those who already have the card

Could indicate that they might want to get out of the credit card business here. Keeping cashback would have been a major factor in helping them attract KBC customers

I'd be surprised if they left but I can see why they might do away with some of the perks. Ulster and KBC leaving means less competition. These people will be looking for a credit card regardless so you don't need to offer the same level of incentives to get new business (or retain existing business).

Avant may not want to take on board every displaced credit card customer that is coming down the line.

So stamp duty on credit cards is collected on 1 April for the preceding year. I wonder what happens if KBC pulls out in the autumn and a customer doesn't take out another credit card with another bank. Would stamp duty be refunded pro rata?

So stamp duty on credit cards is collected on 1 April for the preceding year. I wonder what happens if KBC pulls out in the autumn and a customer doesn't take out another credit card with another bank. Would stamp duty be refunded pro rata?

In that instance the card holder will probably be charged the stamp duty on their last bill and be issued with a letter of closure once KBC exit. The letter can then be presented to a new credit card provider and should mean they avoid being charged twice in the one year.

That assumes the KBC credit card account is closed before you open a new one. If you have two open at the same time then you will be charged stamp duty twice.

The duty is payable in arrears, e.g €30 due on 1st April 2022 for the year 2nd April 2021 to 1st April 2022, so pro rata refunds are irrelevant. The duty is also due upon closure of an account, provided the card was used during the year, irrespective of whether you open another card account or not. The only concession is that there is no stamp duty due on the second (and subsequent) card(s) provided the trail of duty paid letters is maintained.

Full details on the revenue site, here:

Doubt it as, even in normal circumstances, you pay the stamp duty if you've had an active credit card for even one day of the previous credit card stamp duty year.

Avant seems to have dropped the €12/month cashback from the One card. It didn't show up on my January statement, and there's no longer any mention of it on their website: https://www.avantmoney.ie/credit-cards/one-card

The only cashback offer seems to be on the Rewards card, which has a once-off €100 when you open the account, plus a partial refund on interest if you don't pay the bill.

Any Irish credit cards offering monthly cashback these days?

Avant seems to have dropped the €12/month cashback from the One card. It didn't show up on my January statement, and there's no longer any mention of it on their website: https://www.avantmoney.ie/credit-cards/one-card

The only cashback offer seems to be on the Rewards card, which has a once-off €100 when you open the account, plus a partial refund on interest if you don't pay the bill.

Any Irish credit cards offering monthly cashback these days?
It was removed a year ago for new applicants. No mention what would happen for existing card holders. However, I can confirm I got it every month since up to and including December. Will find out in the coming days of it lands for January.

It's still noted in the rewards section

Haven't looked in a while but a year ago the only alternative was AIBs platinum card. It still seems to offer cashback.

It's still noted in the rewards section
I think that only refers to the Rewards+ card, with the once-off €100 and the partial interest refund. I don't see any reference there to the €12 / month that I used to get

Haven't looked in a while but a year ago the only alternative was AIBs platinum card. It still seems to offer cashback.
This is great, thanks

Cashback shows on my January Avant statement, but it was paid on 29 December. So it might be my February statement before I'm sure.

I would have thought removing this would be a material change they'd have to mention to affected cardholders in writing.

I think that only refers to the Rewards+ card, with the once-off €100 and the partial interest refund. I don't see any reference there to the €12 / month that I used to get

This is great, thanks
It's still listed at the bottom of the rewards section:

What is the 1.25% Cashback Reward? (Accounts opened before 19 Jan 2022)​

The Cashback option was removed from Reward+ on 19 Jan 2022, customers who have the Cashback reward receive 1.25% paid on shopping and entertainment spend, including online, shopping for groceries, department stores, clothes & shoe shops, chemists, hardware, electrical, petrol stations, restaurants, concert tickets and public houses...

That hasn't changed in almost a year.

As MugsGame says it is usually the last couple of days in the month it gets paid so it might be tomorrow or Tuesday before it appears on your account. If you didn't receive it in late December might it be that you had no eligible transactions?

Back