Avant Money to pay €1,500 switching fee to Ulster and KBC customers in Q1

We had to get a letter from HR saying my wife would go back to her job with the same terms and conditions. Even though that's a legal right in Ireland. I found Avant to be ridiculous for the amount of documents they requested. They say at the beginning that they need less documentation but that is just a sales pitch.
@Homepayer Were you able to draw down with Avant while your wife was still on maternity leave, or did you have to wait until she returned to work before you could draw down?

(I know this isn't on the thread topic but it is an important question about Avant for some people.)

Hi Paul,

I can confirm that we were able to draw down a mortgage from Avant with my partner on maternity leave (1.95% 7 year fixed with €1,500 cashback).

As mentioned by another poster they asked for a letter from HR to say my partner will return to her position on a certain date with the same terms and conditions. Once they received this then the maternity leave didn't seem to be a concern.

Other than this our application would have been very strong. LTV approx 35% and LTI of 1.8.

Hopefully this is of some help to others.

I can confirm that we were able to draw down a mortgage from Avant with my partner on maternity leave (1.95% 7 year fixed with €1,500 cashback).

As mentioned by another poster they asked for a letter from HR to say my partner will return to her position on a certain date with the same terms and conditions. Once they received this then the maternity leave didn't seem to be a concern.

Other than this our application would have been very strong. LTV approx 35% and LTI of 1.8.

Hopefully this is of some help to others.
Thanks. In this post, user @ciaramcs was told that she can't draw down with Avant until she has she has been back to work at least a month.

I wonder if Avant have made their policy stricter since you got your mortgage with them, or if they say different things to different brokers, or to different borrowers based on their income and LTV.

@Homepayer Were you able to draw down with Avant while your wife was still on maternity leave, or did you have to wait until she returned to work before you could draw down?

(I know this isn't on the thread topic but it is an important question about Avant for some people.)

We drew down in February while wife was still on (unpaid) maternity leave. Returned to work in March.

Hi Paul
We were able to draw down the mortgage thankfully, when my wife was still on maternity leave. We got a letter from HR saying she had a job to go back to and that is was at all the same terms and conditions. They were happy with that.

Back