Avant Money to pay €1,500 switching fee to Ulster and KBC customers in Q1

I approached one avant broker this week looking to apply for the 1500 offer, they said i would too late :( They needed an application in last week. Anyone know of a broker that would accept the application this week ?

I approached one avant broker this week looking to apply for the 1500 offer, they said i would too late :( They needed an application in last week. Anyone know of a broker that would accept the application this week ?
The Avant offer we got says "Open to applications received by us between 1st January and 31st March 2O22" so a broker should be able to get it in before then.
Although, and maybe I'm just being unlucky, given the constant delays, it might miss things. My switch is on week 10 now without the loan offer being issued.

I was excluded from the scheme on the basis of an incomplete application made before the 1 Jan. Presumably you would be included by making an incomplete application before the expiry date, why wouldn't they just send it in?

Try Bonkers.ie, they will tell you straight out if you will be eligible.

150k with Doddl. Started late Jan, have AIP and just waiting for final loan papers....

Avant's minimum mortgage requirement is €100k (definitely for the cashback offer but I think it's also the min amount for all mortgages). It may be the case that the brokers commission (% mortgage balance) means it's not worth their while handling 'small' application. If you get refused at one broker I'd try a different one.

I know you didn't ask me, but bonkers have a minimum balance of 200k.

My mortgage was 110k through Doddl/Avant
Thanks, that's very interesting.

Avant's minimum mortgage requirement is €100k (definitely for the cashback offer but I think it's also the min amount for all mortgages). It may be the case that the brokers commission (% mortgage balance) means it's not worth their while handling 'small' application. If you get refused at one broker I'd try a different one.
Yup, makes sense.

Took the additional 16 weeks unpaid maternity leave after the 26 weeks paid leave (plus then annual leave etc.. makes it longer than 16 weeks in reality)
We had to get a letter from HR saying my wife would go back to her job with the same terms and conditions. Even though that's a legal right in Ireland. I found Avant to be ridiculous for the amount of documents they requested. They say at the beginning that they need less documentation but that is just a sales pitch.

I like the low rate but I have been sickened dealing with them. Like the address on the insurance was rejected numerous times because the Dublin 7 was on there line below the Eircode instead of above and nonsense like that every day. And then that 1 address said Ireland and the other didn't say Ireland.

I like the low rate but I have been sickened dealing with them. Like the address on the insurance was rejected numerous times because the Dublin 7 was on there line below the Eircode instead of above and nonsense like that every day. And then that 1 address said Ireland and the other didn't say Ireland.
What the...!?

Had a similar experience. Depending on bill/provider my address differs slightly. The broker raised the issue early on. In fairness to the insurance company they changed the address over the phone and it was dealt with quick enough.

These little things are sent to try us ... Then again nothing like the thought of a PTSB/BOI high mortgage rate to spur us on.

Had a similar experience. Depending on bill/provider my address differs slightly. The broker raised the issue early on. In fairness to the insurance company they changed the address over the phone and it was dealt with quick enough.

These little things are sent to try us ... Then again nothing like the thought of a PTSB/BOI high mortgage rate to spur us on.
Having dealt with Spanish companies before I can’t say I’m surprised although it is incredibly annoying .

For another perspective, we had no challenges switching to Avant. We were paying off a lump sum off the balance in the process, they wanted to see we had savings to cover this, but that was only area more detail was requested. We've switched providers several times over the years, didn't find Avant's requirements different to other lenders we've dealt with.

Does anyone know if the €1500 switching offer from Avant is likely to be extended past March 31st?

They seem brutally slow to issue funds. Presumably they’re snowed under .. anyone else seeing this ??
Lots of reports of slowness and missed deadline further up the thread. Took me little under 3 months to get the loan offer, which tend included a we'll hope to finish this in the next 4-5 weeks comment from the broker.

Some news reports did say the switching volume has increased this year too, although only by 40% which really doesn't explain the delays.

Back