Avant Application - UK Credit Check

DublinHead54

Hi,

I have an AIP with Avant with a condition of a UK credit check for myself and partner, and I am finding it hard to complete. Broker said Avant used to do this but can't anymore and are asking me to provide the credit check. I have had two mortgages in Ireland since 2019 and neither KBC or BOI asked for a UK credit check. It seems a bit over the top. I have looked online and it seems you can't get a UK credit check if you don't have a UK address within the last 3 years.

We both did live in the UK but left in 2014, I was able to provide a credit check by virtue of my parents living in the UK, but had to say I lived at their address which obviously raises more questions from Avant.

Anybody aware of how to get a historic UK credit check for my partner given they haven't lived there for 8 years?

Hi,

I have an AIP with Avant with a condition of a UK credit check for myself and partner, and I am finding it hard to complete. Broker said Avant used to do this but can't anymore and are asking me to provide the credit check. I have had two mortgages in Ireland since 2019 and neither KBC or BOI asked for a UK credit check. It seems a bit over the top. I have looked online and it seems you can't get a UK credit check if you don't have a UK address within the last 3 years.

We both did live in the UK but left in 2014, I was able to provide a credit check by virtue of my parents living in the UK, but had to say I lived at their address which obviously raises more questions from Avant.

Anybody aware of how to get a historic UK credit check for my partner given they haven't lived there for 8 years?
I look forward to this as I left UK 7 years ago and am partway through an Avant mortgage application. Wouldn't you just give the UK credit agencies your last UK address and get a report off them?

I look forward to this as I left UK 7 years ago and am partway through an Avant mortgage application. Wouldn't you just give the UK credit agencies your last UK address and get a report off them?

Well it appears that in order to get a report they have to verify you and they can't do that if you don't have a current or recent address. Having said that when I used my parents address it did successfully pull my previous addresses.

I am not sure if Avant are doing this because I sold a UK property in 2020 but certainly BOI didn't when I got approval last year.

Well it appears that in order to get a report they have to verify you and they can't do that if you don't have a current or recent address. Having said that when I used my parents address it did successfully pull my previous addresses.

I am not sure if Avant are doing this because I sold a UK property in 2020 but certainly BOI didn't when I got approval last year.
Interesting. But if they have data on you and you put in a subject access request, I can’t see how they can withhold data.

@Dublinbay12 See this thread, which is similar.

Call Experian in Dublin (01-8469200) for advice. They will tell you that any credit record that you had in the UK disappears after 6 years (I think) and neither you nor Experian UK will be able to provide a credit record beyond that.

You basically need to convince the broker/Avant of this fact and get them to waive the requirement.

any credit record that you had in the UK disappears after 6 years (I think) and neither you nor Experian UK will be able to provide a credit record beyond that.
Are you sure about that? This says that certain items will remain on record for at least (not at most) 6 years:

Are you sure about that? This says that certain items will remain on record for at least (not at most) 6 years:

The issue I am finding is that without a recent UK address providers can't confirm the applicants identity and thus can't do a credit report.

Its gone back to the Avant Credit team to have another look at it.

Back