Credit Check (UK) query for AIB Mortgage Loan

Tubbs

I am trying to buy a house in Ireland.

I have some of my savings in sterling in a Natwest current account based in the UK.
The address associated with this account is my parent's address in the UK.

I have lived and worked in Ireland for the last 24 years and have no presence in the UK apart from some savings in the account mentioned.
(Not on electoral register, or have any credit card or debts or loans etc in the UK - not for 25 years anyway.)

AIB are insisting on a UK credit check before they will go ahead with the loan.

I performed a search using Experian, not surprisingly nothing was found on me at all.

Any advice please on how I get a credit check done in the UK that may satisfy AIB ?
(AIB are just shrugging their shoulders saying well, we need it and its up to you to provide.)

Thanks

I would request a formal credit check request to all UK credit agencies and then send the no record responses to AIB and take it from there.

@Tubbs I had a vaguely similar situation when switching to AIB in that I had a UK bank account but had never lived there.

I spoke to Experian in Dublin for advice. The guy told me that this has come up before in relation to AIB. Any credit record that you had in the UK disappears after 6 years (I think) and neither you nor Experian UK will be able to provide a credit record beyond that.

I would say do what @time to plan suggests, but consider also telling the AIB person to call Experian in Dublin (01-8469200, maybe after you have talked to them yourself), pointing out that it is legally impossible to get a credit record beyond 6 years, and that Experian say that this has come up in relation to AIB previously.

Ultimately you want to get AIB to waive the requirement, which they eventually will.

Back