Askaboutmoney meet up in Cork Wed 4th December 8 pm

Sounds good Brendan. I'll get you a nice pint of Beamish or Murphys!

I hope that anyone else around the Cork area who is in the prevailing rate group will attend, would be nice to meet up
I am also in the prevailing rate group, and yes wit would be good to meet, is this a meeting where brendan and others will speak? Or is it It an informal gathering? I’m travelling in from west cork, will be driving so no pints ;-(

Or is it It an informal gathering?

Just a few informal pints I would think - contents of such "pints", will be whatever you want, just remember, with certain person's upcoming stint in front of the judge for an allegation of dangerous driving, best to stay off the strong stuff and go for a mineral, which will be of course over priced to pay for the establishment's recent refurbishments.

If you do like the taste of your favourite beer tipple, then beware of the non alcoholic alternative. There is (I'm reliably informed) a 0.004% alcohol content in such, so best not to overdo it.

To counter act such, you could avail of the in-house menu - just beware that having a beef dinner is similar to flying to France in the new Ryan Air airbus, in relation to green-house gases that is - just keep your own gas to yourself, especially in the company of your fellow AAM'ers). Since
the smoking ban, such are more easily identified, even with the new fangled vaping that may / may not be allowed indoors !!

If you are driving home afterwards, make sure that the rear view window demister is working. We don't want any reports of car damage and insurance claims on "Unread posts" the following morning, and watch out for those tractors - not all of them made it to Dublin to witness the installation of the new printer in the Dáil - there'll be some hanging around the back roads of Cork, so no dodgy tyres on your vehicle!

Needless to say, Mr. Burgess himself will be probably paying for a round of drinks (both alco & non-alco) - he still trying to find ways of using the new revolut card of his! Anyway, I'll give ye a call on the night, if I can make it - all depending on how the 48 network is going :)

Just a few informal pints I would think - contents of such "pints", will be whatever you want, just remember, with certain person's upcoming stint in front of the judge for an allegation of dangerous driving, best to stay off the strong stuff and go for a mineral, which will be of course over priced to pay for the establishment's recent refurbishments.

If you do like the taste of your favourite beer tipple, then beware of the non alcoholic alternative. There is (I'm reliably informed) a 0.004% alcohol content in such, so best not to overdo it.

To counter act such, you could avail of the in-house menu - just beware that having a beef dinner is similar to flying to France in the new Ryan Air airbus, in relation to green-house gases that is - just keep your own gas to yourself, especially in the company of your fellow AAM'ers). Since
the smoking ban, such are more easily identified, even with the new fangled vaping that may / may not be allowed indoors !!

If you are driving home afterwards, make sure that the rear view window demister is working. We don't want any reports of car damage and insurance claims on "Unread posts" the following morning, and watch out for those tractors - not all of them made it to Dublin to witness the installation of the new printer in the Dáil - there'll be some hanging around the back roads of Cork, so no dodgy tyres on your vehicle!

Needless to say, Mr. Burgess himself will be probably paying for a round of drinks (both alco & non-alco) - he still trying to find ways of using the new revolut card of his! Anyway, I'll give ye a call on the night, if I can make it - all depending on how the 48 network is going :)
No prob, thanks for the reply

Just a few informal pints I would think - contents of such "pints", will be whatever you want, just remember, with certain person's upcoming stint in front of the judge for an allegation of dangerous driving, best to stay off the strong stuff and go for a mineral
Jeeze guys, give a man a break! Sans due care and attention is what I face the guillotine for. As we speak Rumpole is feverishly researching in the Law Libraries with clerks and librarians keeping him supplied with tomes, texts and even parchments from the archives. Good job he doesn't suffer from dust allergies.

he still trying to find ways of using the new revolut card of his!
It's common knowledge that the Republic of Cork has been a law unto itself for some time, but now they've defected from the euro!

Enjoy the night. Hopefully, anyone needing a visa for Cork has one and can get past customs and immigration. I can't make it, I must keep clear-headed and alert for news from Rumpole if he ever emerges from the depths.

Twas great to put faces to the names! I think it was a good night. Thanks to all who turned up.

Back