AIB Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Just a thought... I would love to know the breakdown of the €300million AIB has set aside . Is there any way of asking for the breakdown- to see how much was set aside for contingencies and appeals etc?

Just off phone and was advised that all Remaining letters were issued yesterday in “a large batch” and would be with you in “up to 5 working days” but that we don’t have “visibility of letters yet”

Just off phone and was advised that all Remaining letters were issued yesterday in “a large batch” and would be with you in “up to 5 working days” but that we don’t have “visibility of letters yet”

I'm trying v hard not to curse here.

I'm fuming.

What does that mean? It seems meaningless to me?

Brendan
That’s exactly what I said - “so you can see they were sent on august 31 but yet you don’t have a copy of the letter ??” - “correct Ms X - no we don’t have it”

was no point continuing conversation. Last time I questionned the 5 days postage a remark was passed about “an post” !! Pot calling kettle ....... !

August was the month. Today is 1st September. I did receive correspondence from AIB this morning dated 26th August. Alas, it was the usual generic holding letter concerning my complaint telling me that the review of my account was still ongoing etc. AIB are doing themselves no favours.

If they told you that they're telling porky pies. Any letters generated are visible straight away on NBP which I'd be stunned if the helpline staff dont have access to that system.
Letters can be back dated on that system also, if anyone still hasn't received their cheque by 3rd Sep and it subsequently arrives with an august date I would think it odd.

If they told you that they're telling porky pies. Any letters generated are visible straight away on NBP which I'd be stunned if the helpline staff dont have access to that system.
Letters can be back dated on that system also, if anyone still hasn't received their cheque by 3rd Sep and it subsequently arrives with an august date I would think it odd.
I was told this morning that due to large numbers of letters- not all are on the system. Yet i was assured on Fri my letter was in the post but this morning confirmation that letter was posted yesterday. Lies being told somewhere.

Just as an aside but maybe of some interest...

People are, understandably, under the impression that big blue chip businesses are efficient lean businesses with robust systems and procedures enabling them to maximize their profit and return for share holders

I work for an IT company that has solutions in all of the indigenous super markets, high end retailers, transport and logistics companies in the country and you would be amazed at some of the practices I've seen.

The inefficiencies are mind bogging and sometimes one part of the business has no idea what another, related, part of the business is doing.

I'm not making excuses for AIB, I suppose what I'm saying is nothing surprises me dealing with larger businesses.

p.s. Its why I never give call centre staff a hard time, they are the poor souls who are accountable to the end customer for a badly run business

Rang this evening for an update. I mentioned when proving identification that my address was down as 25 but it should be 23. I was put on hold for 5 mins and then transferred to someone else, who started the conversation by stating that I was calling about my incorrect address!?

Anyway, I was told the letter was sent and I should have it in the morning.
I remained polite at all times but did say that waiting until the last possible minute to send out what was recompense for their mistake about 10 years ago seems purposefully antagonistic to say the very least.

We will see tomorrow morning if anything lands.

One of the lads rang me back to confirm that the cheque won't be posted until tomorrow.

I told him i appreciate the honesty but they are in breach of their obligations.

I asked if he could even confirm the amount and he said he couldn't as it wasn't posted yet.

If cheque doesnt arrive by tomorrow, I'll be sending a strongly worded complaint directly to Mr Colin Hunt. Whether he answers me is another thing. I have about as much hope in getting a reply as I do in getting the cheque....

Nothing in today’s post, the helpline are useless. Can’t tell me the amount of the cheque or even the address it has been posted too ...

Nothing here either... we closed the mortgage account in question last year. Husband onto the helpline now but I don’t expect to get any useful info from them!!

Back