AIB Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Yes. And you can do a detailed calculation here:

A nice piece by Christian McCashin in today's Irish Mail

Nothing today for me either.

Rang today and the person dealing with me was not in a position to advise me of any figures.

I was told that the cheque would be posted by the end of the month and therefore it could be next Tuesday or Wednesday before it reaches me.

Another little spanner in the works...just rang the helpline. Our cheque was issued but was sent to the address of the mortgage...we don’t live there anymore! All other mortgage correspondence come to where we live and the original cheques came to where we live...so why all of a sudden are they sending cheques to the address of the mortgage rather than the address that’s on the account?
I am so frustrated and angry with their utter disrespect of everyone!

Nothing here either.

Seems like it's the luck of the draw as to who you get on the phone and the information they provide. Some were able to give the figures on the cheque being issued, others will keep the script. Really frustrating.

Another little spanner in the works...just rang the helpline. Our cheque was issued but was sent to the address of the mortgage...we don’t live there anymore! All other mortgage correspondence come to where we live and the original cheques came to where we live...so why all of a sudden are they sending cheques to the address of the mortgage rather than the address that’s on the account?

A comprehensive example in how not to handle a crisis. Unbelievable stuff.

They have systematically ensured that thousands of people will never bank with them again and furthermore that many more will recommend to people that they know they should stay away from AIB.

Yes s
Nothing here either.

Seems like it's the luck of the draw as to who you get on the phone and the information they provide. Some were able to give the figures on the cheque being issued, others will keep the script. Really frustrating.
Same story here . I am waiting . Was put on hold for 20 mins then told they don’t actually know if the cheque has been sent yet but should be with me over the next 2 weeks . Worse than useless

I happened to phone regarding the initial letter on 10th July and my correspondents address was the house I moved out off 12 years ago. I asked them to change it, they advised I had to go to a branch to do this. When I went to the branch and completed the form I had to tell the staff member to take a photocopy of my ID. I asked them to clarify if it was all sorted and they said yes. A week later a letter came advising me that as it was a joint mortgage we both had to agree to the change of correspondence address so we wrote a letter advising same, when I rang yesterday they still had my previous address on file ... to say I wasn’t polite is an understatement!
the man on the phone advised that the cheque was posted to the mortgage address but nothing so far ...

Ah for gods sake- my account is closed and have a new address. Why are they acting so silly??

Still nothing here either. I have heard nothing at all yet from AIB this year in fact (account also closed)

The guy I had on the phone yesterday could simply not have been worse. He clearly didn’t have a clue what he was in about, but rather than just say he didn’t know and would look to find out, he instead tried bluffing nonsense throughout the conversation. Very frustrating.

Same here still waiting but the account was closed a couple of years ago. Spoke to a nice lad yesterday he said these cases were more complex they have been drafted just waiting to be checked before the letter is sent. He said the letter has to be posted by 31st August 2020 so would have it by next Wednesday at the latest. He was able to confirm the 12% to the cent but wasn't able to advise to the interest. I thanked him for giving me my money back and he laughed.

Well my guy yesterday told me that 2 of the letters may take a few more weeks (I had 3 impacted mortgages). And by the way, these 2 are not part of the new 300 cohort or anything like that. No special circumstances (accounts closed in all 3).

I am now waiting since yesterday for his supervisor to ring to explain why. I’ve no confidence that call
Will ever come.

I’m infuriated here, I have made 5 phone calls to the helpline.
My previous address was down as my correspondence address, have not lived there for 12 years. Went to a branch to change the address, have phoned the bank 4 times to confirm the change, it has been ridiculous carry on. I rang Tuesday spoke to Finbarr he advised that my letter was en route to my home (mortgage) address but he couldn’t access figures, fair enough. Said if I didn’t receive the letter by Thursday to call them back. Phoned just now and spoke to Josephine ... my correspondence address is my previous address still... she put me on hold and after minutes of silence advised that the mailing label is the correct address but my letter has not been produced yet ... she said her link to my account was broke and she would call me back if the letter popped up on the account and if I don’t hear from her today it’s because the letter hasn’t been produced yet to call back next week ... the saga continues

I’ve had a similar thing. Have been waiting since Tuesday for a call back from supervisor. (As they guy I spoke with Could not have been worse. He tried to bluff his way through the conversation).

Rang again this morning. Was told they will get back ‘shortly’. Letters to be issued ‘in a few weeks’
(Nothing to do with the 300 cohort either)
There will be no phone calls on their part, just so annoying that they can’t do anything straight forward. I went to a branch to update my address, I had to tell them to take my ID. Phoned 4 times to confirm the address was changed and every time they give me my previous address and when I make them aware that’s not correct they act all stupid, make excuses, put me on hold, promise the cheque has been sent to the correct address then say they can’t see the paperwork, then the cheque wasn’t issued ... if you don’t laugh, you’ll cry

Back