AIB Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Hi, if this is too personal you don’t have to reply. I’m just curious how much your write down was for? I’m trying to guess how much I’m due would be nice too have a ball park
Thanks
Our writedown was 22k, got €8440 interest back if that is any help.

My write down was €21000 it was was worked out for me on the calculator and what I received was only €400 different than the figure the calculator gave me . So I'm delighted with that . Hope everyone else is happy with what the recive

Just received my letter and cheque, write down 24,768 ..cheque 7919.
Delighted with this. Happy Monday everyone

Hi All
We got a writedown of 35k and received a letter with a cheque to the value of 12k today and our monthly repayments reduced.

The letter gave some details. I don't have it here but will read it once I am home.

Isn't the date that the fixed rate ended quite relevant, as well as the write down amount, when trying to the guess what the cheque value?

Only posting to avoid someone getting their hopes up of a inflated amount when they have the same amount written down, but had a fixed rate ed date years different.

Hi folks, I rang the helpline as I had not received a letter today but they were able to advise my letter is en-route and they advised of the figures involved. We had moved banks a few years ago mostly due to poor treatment from AIB throughout our time with them when we did have financial difficulties so we will be making a complaint in that regard. We were advised on the call today we are getting 2 cheques one for the write down amount of €24904.27 and the interest refund is €5260.92. That is a total of €30,165.19, I just want to say a massive THANK YOU to Brendan and Karen from my Wife and I you did something amazing which will make a great difference in our lives and I hope for many others.

Hi folks, I rang the helpline as I had not received a letter today but they were able to advise my letter is en-route and they advised of the figures involved. We had moved banks a few years ago mostly due to poor treatment from AIB throughout our time with them when we did have financial difficulties so we will be making a complaint in that regard. We were advised on the call today we are getting 2 cheques one for the write down amount of €24904.27 and the interest refund is €5260.92. That is a total of €30,165.19, I just want to say a massive THANK YOU to Brendan and Karen from my Wife and I you did something amazing which will make a great difference in our lives and I hope for many others.

Did they give any indication of time frame for this? I closed my account too and have heard nothing so far. I don't know whether we are due to hear this week or next month?

Did they give any indication of time frame for this? I closed my account too and have heard nothing so far. I don't know whether we are due to hear this week or next month?
Hi, I just rang the AIB FSPO number and he said he could see the letter has been sent and I should have it tomorrow or the next day and he was therefore able to advise me of the figures, Id say give them a call and see what they say.

We had moved banks a few years ago mostly due to poor tr

Hi dp

Thanks for your kind words

As far as I am concerned you should get interest up to the present date on it.

We received our cheque today for our refu9nd on interest charged for 11,762..The write down on the mortgage of 200k was already received..a reduction of 24000..Our repayments were reduced for August coming down from 1162 to 959..We according to Aib broke out of our fixed rate in 6.6.2010..That is according to the letter..I know we borrowed 200k in June 2008 and had asked for a tracker but were refused.I took out a second mortgage with them in june 2008 and was given a tracker on that mortgage for 260k.. Anyway for now up about 36k..without Brendan I would never have received.. Many thanks Brendan..it means so much to me and my family

Many thanks for your heroic work Brendan - so much appreciated!
Cheque received this morning for €4873.29 - 12% reduction applied €23077.19 - fixed rate ended 20/08/13 (capital bal. €192310)
A bit less than 30% possibly due to fixed rate ending later than others.....?

A bit less than 30% possibly due to fixed rate ending later than others.....?

Yes. And you can do a detailed calculation here:

Back