AIB Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Folks

I know you are all very excited but please stop posting "I checked the post today and got nothing" type posts in other threads as it's taking them off topic and people looking for hard information have to wade through these repetitive posts to get to the real stuff.

If you want to post that sort of stuff, do so in response to this thread - as much as you like.

"Are we there yet?" posts will be deleted from all other threads

Brendan

Last edited:
Has anyone received a letter though? And if you appeal to the FSPO on the grounds that no compensation for loss of opportunity or stress was made as part of this compensation do you need to give AIB notice that you're going to appeal? We have started legal proceedings.

Hi haven’t received letter . I spoke to AIB rep today on phone told very little only letters be issued before end of August . Like everyone else I’m presuming the letter received in July was generic as it had no figures etc just relevant to my case . It’s very frustrating .

I’m yet to receive any communication of any description from AIB since the ombudsman’s ruling. Not long to wait now though.

Just a thought, do you think the letters and chqs will be sent in general post ? With the risk of them getting lost/stolen ?

If no one has received anything by now I doubt any of us will get a nice surprise today!! Not like AIB to mess up with timing etc is it!?

I have received no correspondence or calls from AIB since a letter dated the 13th of February 2020 advising that my account was being reviewed. I switched my mortgage from AIB to BOI in early February. I called the Help Line on the 20th July and was told I will be getting the sum of €21,400.00, called the Help Line again on Monday and was told I "should" have it by the end of August and no details were available about the interest due.

Guy on helpline stated they had a deadline to get cheques out by end of August. It would of course be no surprise if this deadline slipped. As long as we get there in the end!

Guy on helpline stated they had a deadline to get cheques out by end of August. It would of course be no surprise if this deadline slipped. As long as we get there in the end!
Not long to go (hopefully!!!) :)

Just rang helpline... Letters still being processed. Gave me the usual before the end of August line

The FSPO has given them a deadline of 11th September for my complaint, as I'm not a current customer I'm not expecting anything from them until September 10th! Shower of......

Anyone else feel AIB ain't doing themselves any favours when it comes to whether we decide if there was any stress or anxiety in dealing with these cases?

This is AIB, the cheques will be dated the 31st and will arrive on the 1st of September

Back