Are income tax rates really too high in Ireland

Therefore they believed it would be too expensive, based on certain assumptions taken, rather than Ireland's market size, if I've followed correctly. I
UHI can work in a small market.

The 2015 decision to shelve UHI (Varadkar's doing, which no one remembers) was mainly on the grounds that it would be expensive and involve changes to pretty much all delivery of healthcare at all levels.

But this was just another policy choice, not some kind of insurmountable obstacle.

UHI can work in a small market.

The 2015 decision to shelve UHI (Varadkar's doing, which no one remembers) was mainly on the grounds that it would be expensive and involve changes to pretty much all delivery of healthcare at all levels.

But this was just another policy choice, not some kind of insurmountable obstacle.
You think Slaintecare won't be expensive and wont involve changes to pretty much all delivery of healthcare at all levels?

You think Slaintecare won't be expensive and wont involve changes to pretty much all delivery of healthcare at all levels?
No, and I never suggested as much!

I'm agnostic about healthcare delivery models and I don't have an expertise. There are lots of options from UHI, to something like the NHS, to the US system.

None of these are impossible in the Irish context. Large-scale structural reform requires near-infinite political will, and I won't see much of that around.

No, and I never suggested as much!

I'm agnostic about healthcare delivery models and I don't have an expertise. There are lots of options from UHI, to something like the NHS, to the US system.

None of these are impossible in the Irish context. Large-scale structural reform requires near-infinite political will, and I won't see much of that around.
I'm not an expert either, but I know that the NHS isn't an insurance model at all, unless I'm badly mistaken. There is a fair degree of political will and near all-party support for Slaintecare. Why would UHI have been canned when Slaintecare has similar demands for reform?

Back