Are Dingle Pubs/Restuarants breaking the 'no smoke' laws

<blank> - If the government passed a law stating that women weren't allowed out of the house after 8:00pm, would you have no problems with this?

If you are female, would you simply put up with it and adhere to the law?

Re: .

I think I feel a weekend trip to Dingle coming on - a few photos on the mobile phone and a few calls to the helpline would be well worthwhile....

Is this not a contradiction? Were you referring to people who break the smoking ban?

No, it certainly isn't a contradiction.
Can't you see this for yourself? Please re-read the posts.

<blank> - If the government passed a law stating that women weren't allowed out of the house after 8:00pm, would you have no problems with this?

Has this happened? Are we dealing with fact here or just your imagination?
How likely is this to happen?

?

Rainyday - you wouldn't be posting on your employer's time, would you?

Has this happened? Are we dealing with fact here or just your imagination?
How likely is this to happen?

I'm wasting my time with this. I suspect you feign stupidity, just to wind me up.

I'm wasting my time with this. I suspect you feign stupidity, just to wind me up.

No. Not at all. But please continue in dreaming up laws that are NEVER going to happen and are completely removed from reality in a bid to prove your point.

BTW, I don't agree with all laws and I'm not perfect. I break laws too. But I really hate this "fair dues" bull where this particular law is concerned. This law benefits people's health and well being. It's one of a few laws where I myself would have no problem picking up my mobile to make sure it was upheld.
Incidentally, it's not just non-smokers who feel this way. About a month ago I saw a bunch of smokers tell a young guy who walked in with a fag in his mouth to put it out in my local.

> <blank> - If the government passed a law stating that women weren't allowed out of the house after 8:00pm, would you have no problems with this?

:rolleyes

Firstly, I would not vote for an individual or party whose aim would be to introduce such a law and I imagine that most others would not either. Secondly, I trust our democratic structures to ensure that such a ridiculous suggestion would not become law.

Don't lose sight of the fact that smoking in general is not banned in Ireland - just in workplaces - so people are free to exercise their right to smoke as long as they don't contravene the workplace smoking ban. This is not a civil rights issue - it's a workplace health and safety issue.

Rainyday - you wouldn't be posting on your employer's time, would you?
Yawn - is this a real person that responds like Pavlov's dog with this hoary oul chestnut every time I get into a debate? Or perhaps it is just an automated script?

Yes - I am posting from the office. In my job, I'm managed by the deliverables I produce, not by the hours I clock in. I don't expect my employer to pay me overtime for all the hours I spend at home thinking about work issues and I expect & get the same flexibility in return.

If Kerry bars and pubs and restaurants allows smoking, its another reason NOT t go there on my next holidays. I can do without the filthy pollution.

Yes - I am posting from the office.

Well before you head off done to Dingle, please make sure your up to date with your BIK for using company equipment for private use.

Secondly, I trust our democratic structures to ensure that such a ridiculous suggestion would not become law.

I'm sure that this has been believed by the masses throughout history. I'm not so trusting.

The moral authority of the Law

What a pathetic attitude it is that holds that the LAW is always right.

Who remembers having to go to Mass at Mass rocks? That was breaking the LAW.

Flying tricolours in Belfast used to be against the LAW.

Oh, I hear you say, they weren't democracies. They were you know. The majority in NI were against the flying of tricolours just as the majority in ever so modern Ireland are against the Weed.

Democracy & Law - my ars* - Tyranny of the Majority over the Minority, I call it. :x

BTW I think that is an excellent idea, keeping the womenfolk locked up after 8. :D

please make sure your up to date with your BIK for using company equipment for private use.
There is none, where personal use is 'incidental' - all above board. Its just a pity that you have so little to contribute to the actual debate other than mis-aimed potshots at little oul me.

Rainyday - you have notched up over 8500 posts, and you call this 'incidental'? Granted, many of the posts are probably from privately owned equipment, but there must be a fair whack posted from your company's equipment.

Does your employer and the Inland revenue know about this arrangement? They can determine if it's 'incidental' or not.

mis-aimed potshots at little oul me.
I enjoy taking potshots at you :D

I enjoy taking potshots at you

Why don't you register catbert and then we can all take potshots at you? That'd be fair.

?

Piggy - are you too posting from your place of employment, on company equipment?

Re: ?

No catbert. I'm posting from my multi-million dollar company in the Bahamas but thanks for caring.

Piggy - I don't really care, but maybe the revenue and your employer might.

From this thread, we should now all reflect on these:

"He who is without sin, cast the first stone"

and

"Don't try taking the splinter out of your brother's eye until you take the plank for yours"

The lazy journo or the crusading mavericks of the Wild West

The lazy journo or the crusading mavericks of the Wild West

So whats the concencus? Personally Im going for the lazy journo scenario.

ajapale

Back