Aras na Cluaine - Clondalkin, Dublin 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castle, Monastery Heath, Clondalkin: 6.5/10 (Varies between 6 and 7 depending on location)
Monastery Drive/Park/Walk etc / Floraville / Laurel park, Clondalkin: 7/10
Beaumont Woods: 7/10
Terenure (in general) 8/10
Ballsbridge: 9/10

If you're budget can stretch to it, try to get an apartment (or a house)nearer the luas, eg. Mount Talbot, Shalimar. Don't be put off by the road works, they will be finished eventually. Or alternatively go the opposite side of the village to the apts at Newlands (longer traffic delays). Try not to move away from "Old Clondlakin Village".

Just interested in how you would rank Convent Court on Concent Road Clondalkin?

I actually viewed an apartment in Convent Court a couple of years ago. I'm just going to describe the location (not the property - you can judge for yourself whether it meets your requirements and whether its a good investment - I've seen some of these stay on the market for quite a while before shifting). These apartments were some of the first to appear in Clondalkin village and their size and layout reflect this. They're really more like flats than apartments (Though i'd rather a flat here, than a house in some other areas!)

As far as amenities go, you're going to find it hard to beat the location. Its right beside good primary and secondary schools. Tescos, the Mill Shopping centre, local shops, post office, church (RC) are all really close by. Its close to bus routes (on some of them). Luas is 10 - 20 min walk depending on how fast you walk. Aldi's is currently being rebuilt at Newlands Cross, and there's a Medical Centre there too (about 5 mins walk). Close to Firebrigade (belgard Road), Police Station (Beside the Mill) and Tallaght hospital. Several pubs nearby too (although this can be a good or bad thing depending on your point of view).

The traffic can be a bit heavy in the area, during the school rush/peak times - but it can look worse than it really is.

Safety-wise its not bad. People living in the immediate area would be considered 'respectable', hence properties in St Brigids, New Road, etc can go for very big money. However, Convent Road (as opposed to New Road and Boot Road) is the main route for people from some other areas of Clondalkin going to the village, so I wouldn't be happy for my wife to walk around at night by herself after the pubs close - although she'd be fine 99% of the time if she did - I'm just a worry wort! (And this would go for every locality in ireland, for that matter).

So, to sum up.... I would have seriously considered buying there a few years ago if the apartments had just been a bit bigger - but of course if they had been bigger, then they'd have been out of my price range at the time! Also, I like a bit more greenery around me and there isn't all that much around there as its not an actual estate. There is the community centre a few mins away, and Corkagh Park also, but there's not enough greenery right on the doorstep (if you know what I mean). Very close to amenities and services but a little bit too built up (though there are lots of areas far more so). St Brigids, Newlands Drive are all lovely, mature housing estates nearby and benefit from being a little further away from the village and the main road than Convent Court imo. Its not the most aesthetically attractive area in the village, but it is very convenient.

Overall for the location: 5/10 (although I'm being quite critical and it is very close to areas that i would give a 6 or 7, but also quite close to areas that I would only give a 4). The overall 'attractiveness' is what lets it down a bit imo.

location-wise, to live in I would definitely buy an apartment in Convent Court before Mill Park, or the ones near the Mill (beside Xtra-Vision) or some other areas that you could buy a house or bigger apartment for the same kind of money. Location over size. (Might be a difficult resale though given the over-supply of apartments).

1 bed apartments in Aras na Cluaine are similarly priced - I would buy in covent Court if I had to choose one or the other (a good residents group for Convent Court could spruce the place up quite well if they put their minds to it) - the location is definitely better overall imo.

I am currently renting in 'Aras Na Cluaine'. I have had no problems whatsoever. The area is quiet and close to bus routes to the City Centre. Our apartment is lovely and the block that we are in is very well kept. It's close to clondalkin village and just a stroll away from Lidl. All in all it's a handy area!! Thieft happens in every area, it's all about being careful. I would advise anyone to rent/buy there. I certainly wasn't disappointed, and my previous address was Killiney, that has to say something!!

location-wise, to live in I would definitely buy an apartment in Convent Court before Mill Park, or the ones near the Mill (beside Xtra-Vision) or some other areas that you could buy a house or bigger apartment for the same kind of money. Location over size. (Might be a difficult resale though given the over-supply of apartments).

Really?? But Millpark is closer to many of the amenities that you mentioned than Convent Court??? It's a 2 min walk to middle of the village!

Plus there's a variety of properties: town houses, duplexes, apartments, some are very spacious.

Also, I like a bit more greenery around me and there isn't all that much around there as its not an actual estate.
Millpark has a large green area, plus the apartments overlook the pitch & putt course and have a great view of the mountains.

Monastery Gate estate is a better area to buy and rent - close proximity to luas (5 mins walk) and m50 make it more attractive to renters so better guarantee of long term rent and that your property value will remain higher. It is also a much nicer estate and buses come every 5 minutes in the mornings.

hi

has anybody tried to buy an apartment in this complex in the last 12months??
i went sale agreed on an apartment and had not one but two solicitors reject the deal.

the mangt company tool over a year to supply the mangt accounts to the second solicitor and he then recommended
withdrawal.

im interested to find out other buyers experience .

Lest we forget......'I bought a 2 bed apt here for 250K in October and they are now starting off at 320K and going for as much as 530K'
That's over half a million for a 2 bed flat in Clondalkin

Thanks Leo, so did anyone buy the Aras Na Cluaine apartments since ? I would like to know what is like ?? Thanks so much

This post is aimed at anyone thinking about buying an apartment in Anus na Cluaine Complex in Clondalkin, Dublin and really to act as a warning against wasting your time and money .
This is a brief account of my experience trying to buy an apartment in that complex.
I went sale agreed Dec 2015 for an apartment and employed a solicitor .
After 2 months he came back and advised me against buying .
It took him 2 months to reach this conclusion without viewing the managt company accounts. How he reached this conclusion , i don't know.
I then employed another solicitor . 10 months later he came back and advised against proceeding. It had taken him this long to get hold of the management company accounts....No Joke!!!My solicitor charged me 400 euro for this pearl of wisdom. In the meantime ,on the advice of the solicitor, i had also contracted a surveyor to survey the apartment. 450 euro wasted .
The management company in Anus Na cluaine is a waste of time who will delay and delay and delay in forwarding the management accounts to any solicitor.
TWELVE MONTHS WASTED!! The moral of the tale??
Don't waste your time and money attempting to buy an apartment in Anus na Cluine.
The apartment I was trying to buy subsequently went sale agreed by auction for 25000 less than what i had agreed to buy it for.
Also, a simple google search will reveal that the company that built Anus Na Cluaine was a company called Coalport, now bankrupt . Search and see the crap this company is mired in. It doesn't make pleasant reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are now,April 2018, THREE apartments for sale in this complex, all looking for cash buyers only. Why only cash buyers??

Four apartments for sale May 1st...2018 in Anus Na Cluaine.

I think the wise buyer would go to auction . Like I said in a previous post the apartment I went sale agreed on but was rejected by TWO solicitors , subsequently sold at auction for 25000 Euro less than what I had agreed to pay.

Big discount likely if u wait for an auction.

Indeed, but the same problems remain regardless of the price you pay. If solicitors are advising to keep clear then not taking their advice is a tad silly. Don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back