Appropriate ETF Investing Strategy Ireland

I am based in Ireland and I'm looking to invest in ETFs using Degiro. I would like to get some advice on a potential portfolio. Some points to note:
  • The ETFs should be accumulative. This is to simplify the tax.
  • Domicile should be Ireland (again for tax).
  • I plan on making regular monthly payments between €300-€500
  • I'm young and I don't plan on touching the money for 20+ years. I also already make regular contributions to a pension fund so I'm looking for a higher reward/risk ETF strategy.
After some research, I'm considering the following portfolio:
I feel like this is a well-diversified portfolio with appropriate exposure to riskier emerging market and small-cap equities. What do you think? I would appreciate any advice or comments and let me know if you need any clarification.

Have you considered the Vanguard FTSE All-World acc etf https://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/etf/snapshot/snapshot.aspx?id=0P0001I3EL ? Rather than investing in 3 separate etfs and the additional taxation work they require, this etf includes emerging markets, perhaps combining your first two into one etf? It's relatively new so I would be interested to get others thoughts on it

I am based in Ireland and I'm looking to invest in ETFs using Degiro. I would like to get some advice on a potential portfolio. Some points to note:
  • The ETFs should be accumulative. This is to simplify the tax.
  • Domicile should be Ireland (again for tax).
  • I plan on making regular monthly payments between €300-€500
  • I'm young and I don't plan on touching the money for 20+ years. I also already make regular contributions to a pension fund so I'm looking for a higher reward/risk ETF strategy.
After some research, I'm considering the following portfolio:
I feel like this is a well-diversified portfolio with appropriate exposure to riskier emerging market and small-cap equities. What do you think? I would appreciate any advice or comments and let me know if you need any clarification.
Hi Conor,
at a similar point in terms of investing as you... What did you decide to do in the end?

Hi Conor, thinking about doing something similar to what you suggested on initial post - did you decide to invest in the ETFs?

How about investing into US domicile EFTs? 8 year rule, reporting etc doesn’t apply. I don’t think Degiro allow Irish investors to invest but Interactive brokers do.
Do they still allow this? If so surely this is the best route for investing for Irish investors to simplify the tax handling

Back