Apple Iphone

The iPhone is currently for sale unlocked in both Germany (€1,000) and France (€650) - under French and German law it is illegal to tie consumers in to mobile phone contracts without giving them the SIM-free option also.

Hi,
I am looking to get my hands on an iphone A.S.A.P .

I dont think unlockthatiphone.com is the best way to go as it seems they are having a couple of customer service communication problems (boards.ie) so does anyone out there have one for sale unlocked and in great nic.

Whats the deal with firmwae 1.1.2 ..is it ok to purchase or has it not been cracked yet? the reason I ask is that it seems to be the only version available in NI $ UK , I will want to put a lot of 3rd party applications on the iphone when io receive it.

Ta
L.

You can upgrade an unlocked & jail borken phone to 1.1.2 . But you can not unlock a 1.1.2 phone out of the box.
EBay is your best bet for an unlocked phone
My link in an earlier post in this thread is a safe 100% way to jailbreak & unlock a 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 iPhone.

Like - what is that about with applke that they refuse to incluyde radios ?
It's like they go out of their way to be awkward about it.

There's no question but other players get more sales becaue of it.

That was the onoly reason i bought a creative zen a while back.
Otherwise i would've went with apple.

Am with perlico and got a letter from them this morning offering me a free iphone 3g s,if i agree to an 18 month contract.

16gb iphone 60e/month 80e/month 100e/month
minutes 300 500 700
texts 300 500 700

extras unlimited anytime free vodafone calls and texts.

data 2gb bundle

I have a mobile phone nokia with o2 at the moment payg so I don`t really need this iphone and the monthly tarif for 18 months,.....but maybe this is such a good offer that I should consider it.
Opinions appreciated.

Thanks for that.
The free phone would save me less than 100e but in all honesty I don`t use my mobile phone much so the 18 month contract is not for me.

I got the same offer in the post from Vodaphone as my home phone and broadband bundle is with them.

18 month contract does seem a bit long allright.

Smart phone contracts all seem to be 18 months.
I suppose they have to make them longer because it takes longer to recoup the cost of the phone.

I have one for a few months now and i really enjoy it.
However i am concerned about the fact it appears to be using up credit, even though i do not use it sometimes for a day to monitor the situation, I am trying to get to the bottom of this problem.

I have one for a few months now and i really enjoy it.
However i am concerned about the fact it appears to be using up credit, even though i do not use it sometimes for a day to monitor the situation, I am trying to get to the bottom of this problem.

Some Apps connect to their source over the Internet on startup , this could be what your seeing on your 3G usage .

02 are starting to unlock iPhones if you are out of your 18 month contract and meet certain criteria .
They basically take your phones IMEI number , submit it to Apple who then give you a code to type into iTunes which effectively unlocks your phone to any network .

It is a unlock for your phone not your sim ....which is a good thing !

Back