Anyone used Alpharooms to book hotels

There is also the fear that you will be given the room overlooking the carpark or in the basement or beside the air conditioning unit etc. I have used them and found them good but I would not like to be treated the way Spudz is being treated.

Alpha are not always the cheapest. I stayed in one hotel that was cheaper..used booking.com and no payment card fee either.

Have to say, I have used Alpharooms a number of times; never any problems with them though the post by Spudz is giving me doubts about using them again. They are good value, never any problems when I got to the hotels; though the rooms you get would not be the best located in the hotel, they would be to the standard as described in the website.

I am having a major diapute with them at the moment.. Will NEVER use them again due to the way I am being treated.

Booked and paid for 2 rooms in hotel in Sharm El Skeikh for 3 nights last May. Emailed a few days before travel to confirm that everything was in order...got a lovely response to say I would have no hassles....and then it all started!

Arrived at hotel to find only one room booked...hotel full so could do nothing. Phoned the Alpha rooms no. that is provided for any problems on arrival....Spent an absolute fortune trying to get through to this no...dial 1, dial 2 etc and holding for ever. Finally got to speak to a guy after 2 hours I kid you not!

He said the problem was with the supplier and he would arrange for us to have another room that evening....Never heard from him again.Had no choice but to double up in the room.

Had to pay the hotel an extra 100euro so so we both could stay in the one room that was available.

Lost count of the no. of emails I have sent...NEVER get a responce. Many many phone calls to UK....always the same...we are investigating etc.

Finally a few weeks ago...they offered me a refund for one room for one night!! I rejected...and now they are investigating again. Got another letter yesterday saying I would only be refunded for one nite and as a jesture of goodwill they will give a 10% discount for my next booking with them!! Unlikely I will be availing of that offer!!

It is plain and simple...I paid for 2 rooms for 3 nights...I only got one room for 3 nights....what is there to investigate? Why would they offer a refund for only one night?

I am absoutely fed up with them...I have been chasing this matter since May 5th...so 6 months.
Its still ongoing...they said matter was closed and I should accept the offer....I would have to for an easy life...BUT the constant ignoring my emails...letters...phone calls...being passed from person to person...constant apologies but no action...I will not give up the fight now on pure principle.

Good Luck...I found them to be far far cheaper than other sites...now I know the reason. I will never use them again.

Got another letter one month ago to say that they are soooooo sorry with the way my case has been handled and I would have a response within 2 weeks.Well 4 weeks later....nothing!!! I will continue to hound them.May 5th to Dec 8th and still not resolved!

Back