Anyone used Alpharooms to book hotels

hoopman

Well that time of year again. We is going to florida this summer and have been looking to book a hotel on the internet.
The best prices for Orlando seem to be coming from Alpharooms, But after googling them I am not too sure.
Any AAM's dealt with them before, or have any other sites that might be better. (not neccessarly price, although that is important, but more on reliability, ie the hotel we book is the hotel we stay in)

We use Alpha Rooms all the time and travel a lot, all over the world. I have compared their prices with a lot of the competitors and find they are by far the cheapest. They are very flexible and reliable if you want to make any changes. We have got some brilliant bargains over the years and would highly recommend them.

They are having a sale on at the moment. I was about to book a hotel at €207 this week and when we checked back in yesterday the price had dropped to €194. When I contacted the hotel direct they wanted €243. This is a huge saving.
My only fear is that I will get the room overlooking the air conditioning unit, attached to the lift shaft with the shower unit that doesn't work properly. Whereas if I book direct with the hotel I will get the room overlooking the sea etc.
It is difficult to know.

From experience with Alpha Rooms we always get a good quality room, have made huge savings on brochure prices, especially for Summer hols, over the years. They are excellent.

Cheers for the replys folks.
Nice to get positive feedback on them.
The hotel I am hoping to stay in is over €150 cheaper than their nearest competitor.
I was Just afraid that at that price there might be a problem. But I think I'l give it a go.
Thanks again

Hi, I normally use Booking .com but could not get the accommodation I wanted in the Canaries this time so used alpharooms...I can not fault either of them.The only difference I noticed is..with Booking.com they do not take your money from credit card till you arrive..with alparooms it is taken when you book

Have used Alparooms and always found them excellent .However if you are in doubt about the hotel check out the comments on "Tripadvisor"

Have used Alparooms and always found them excellent .However if you are in doubt about the hotel check out the comments on "Tripadvisor"

I too have used Alpharooms and found them fine but checking any hotel on TA is a must. There is always the odd cranky review but by and large the comments and ratings are spot on.

I am about to use alpharooms for the first time.Two questions.
Do the credit card fee they charge change depending on what type of card used and if so what is the best one.
Secondly because I am moving around a bit I want to book 5 or 6 hotels...just a few days each mind...does this mean I have to make 5 or 6 separate bookings incurring a credit card charge on each one ?

I`ve booked one hotel and alpha added 3e something onto the price for the hotel. No problem with the booking....just wondering is it possible to avoid the 3e charge.... its called payment card charge....especially as I am making 6 bookings.

I`ve booked one hotel and alpha added 3e something onto the price for the hotel. No problem with the booking....just wondering is it possible to avoid the 3e charge.... its called payment card charge....especially as I am making 6 bookings.

I cant see a way around this if you are booking online but I have made a booking over the phone with them and the rates are the same so maybe this way you could just incur one charge by ringing them with an itinerary rather than seperate bookings.

Just my opinion on online booking sites.

I almost always use www.travelsupermarket.com.

This UK site is a comparison site, and all the hotel booking sites are catered for, including Alpharooms and 1800hotels.

There usually are special offers, and prices will be in Sterling.

I have got a lot of good bargains booking through that site.

Give it a try, nothing to lose :)

Got to admit alpharooms is great and their website is full of infornation...the hybrid map is something else.Also booking .com is another one.
I`m coming along...only last june I thought that teletextholidays.co.uk was great...but you still have to ring someone over the phone to make the booking and usually the price has changed and one has to make a rushed decision.
Sites like alpha should sound the deathknell for holiday home ownership or timeshare apartments etc...who needs the hassle and one has to go to the same place every year.

I have never found anyone cheaper than Alpharooms for any dates i was looking for.

Above post spot on. We alternate between Alpha Rooms and Bookings all the time. I have compared hotels on nearly all the accommodation providers and they are by far the cheapest and most reliable.

I am having a major diapute with them at the moment.. Will NEVER use them again due to the way I am being treated.

Booked and paid for 2 rooms in hotel in Sharm El Skeikh for 3 nights last May. Emailed a few days before travel to confirm that everything was in order...got a lovely response to say I would have no hassles....and then it all started!

Arrived at hotel to find only one room booked...hotel full so could do nothing. Phoned the Alpha rooms no. that is provided for any problems on arrival....Spent an absolute fortune trying to get through to this no...dial 1, dial 2 etc and holding for ever. Finally got to speak to a guy after 2 hours I kid you not!

He said the problem was with the supplier and he would arrange for us to have another room that evening....Never heard from him again.Had no choice but to double up in the room.

Had to pay the hotel an extra 100euro so so we both could stay in the one room that was available.

Lost count of the no. of emails I have sent...NEVER get a responce. Many many phone calls to UK....always the same...we are investigating etc.

Finally a few weeks ago...they offered me a refund for one room for one night!! I rejected...and now they are investigating again. Got another letter yesterday saying I would only be refunded for one nite and as a jesture of goodwill they will give a 10% discount for my next booking with them!! Unlikely I will be availing of that offer!!

It is plain and simple...I paid for 2 rooms for 3 nights...I only got one room for 3 nights....what is there to investigate? Why would they offer a refund for only one night?

I am absoutely fed up with them...I have been chasing this matter since May 5th...so 6 months.
Its still ongoing...they said matter was closed and I should accept the offer....I would have to for an easy life...BUT the constant ignoring my emails...letters...phone calls...being passed from person to person...constant apologies but no action...I will not give up the fight now on pure principle.

Good Luck...I found them to be far far cheaper than other sites...now I know the reason. I will never use them again.

Back