Anyone know about Silva Tree investments? intially looks too good to be true: 13% p.a

Right. It both is and isn't high-risk, and investors' returns both are and are not guaranteed. As you already said.

And yes, I'm the one who temporarily closed the thread for consideration. I'm afraid you sent your pm about your lawyers to the wrong moderator.

We never stated that it was a high risk when we stated it had better returns due to a higher risk.

And the difference is ????????????? So in your opinion it is not high risk but offers a better return due to a higher risk. Are you trying to redefine the English language.

DrMoriarty,

I was under the impression that this side was owned and operated by Brendan Burgess. Is this incorrect?

Why is it that the moderators on this blog post their opinions in a negative manner. Surely this is not what the position of the moderator should be?

There are many posts on this thread that have got nothing to do with our projects and various clearly state negative opinions from moderators. Why is this?
All serious questions are answered in the Askaboutmoney.com , Silva Tree.

Hi PJ

We don't allow new users to send or receive PM's.

Anyway, Cynic has not been logged on since April 2010.

Brendan

Thanks for your interesting response pjsherry – unfortunately it has cost me an hour or more as I read more on this very intriguing story! Here are a few things I found which will hopefully round the story out a little more:

[broken link removed]
Gives his side of the story and talks about the journalist referred to by pjsherry.

[broken link removed]
Sustainable Capital Group talk about being the first in Panama to receive VCS certification. This page has a link to details about the certification.

However, on the VCS Project Database [broken link removed] I can’t find the information about SCG, but this may be down to me searching incorrectly? Panama is not offered amongst the list of countries, and I have tried various keywords with no success.

There is an interesting report by CBRM & Merian Research, November 2010 here [broken link removed]
Small quote where Silva is mentioned “The case of Sterling Knight Consultants Ltd, London is particularly interesting. The company seems to be connected to Emerald Knight “Ethical Investments” and Silva Tree Panama SA, a firm that presents itself as “an environmental project developer with humanitarian, biodiversity and environmental benefits”. Neither Emerald Knight nor Silva Tree are known to be members of European social investments forums or environmental coalitions.” There is quite a long section on Sterling Knight, with more mentions of Silva Tree.

Maurice Sjerps is a name mentioned in the report linked above, and there is a story here about a man named Sjerps, believed to have first name Maurice, who was recently arrested in Panama on suspicion of defrauding foreign investors with a teak scheme. Perhaps this is a different Maurice Sjerps?

All of this makes me a little uneasy, I have to say, and I think it strange that Silva Tree deleted their posts in this thread – with the explanation “project finalised”. But there may well be perfectly reasonable explanations. I do hope everything works out well for you.

Folks

There is enough information in this thread for people to make up their minds on whether this investment is suitable for them or not.

We do not have the resources to check out posts coming from newly registered posters to see if they are genuine or whether they have a vested interest for or against the company.

If a Frequent Poster i.e. a member with at least 50 posts has something to add, feel free to do so.

Any posts from new posters on this company will be deleted without further comment.

Brendan

Back