Anyone know about Silva Tree investments? intially looks too good to be true: 13% p.a

So if the trees don't grow as well as you expect then the investor faces losses? It is not gauranteed so?

If the returns are not gauranteed then why does your website state...

Guaranteed returns of up to 18.71% p.a. for 20 years.

Anyways, at least it has been cleared up that the returns are actually not gauranteed at all.

Is the investors capital gauranteed? I guess not?

But Silva Tree the issue is the way it is advertised as "gauranteed returns" when clearly they are not.

It seems to me that the only gaurantees is that silva tree get paid the investors money, as you state... "The capital is not guaranteed as it pays Silva Tree back for the investment made by Silva Tree".

For the investor it is high risk as you state after that. If the trees grow as well you expect then apparently there will be returns, if not then the investors looses out.

What exact performance criteria are required to determine if the trees are good enough quality?

It is advertised as guaranteed* returns [...] it depends on the growth of the trees.
[...] The capital is not guaranteed as it pays Silva Tree back for the investment made by Silva Tree [...] We in turn use the returned money for expansion.
Let me ponder this for a moment. Would it be fair to say that in this vehicle, all of the risk is assumed by the investors, and, eh, none by Silva Tree?

Is that what's meant by the "High Return/Low Risk" mentioned in your ad in the Sunday Business Post?

Want to make up to 18.71% and save the planet?

The Princess Project is an ethical timber investment with guaranteed returns*

High Return - Returns of up to 18.71% paid out every 5 years over 20 years*
Low Risk - Managed by UK FSA regulated trustee
Low Entry Level
Help the Environment.

Not really. Your ad says "High Return/Low Risk".
Earlier you said "This investment provides greater returns due to a higher risk level."
Now you say "This is not classed as high risk, rather medium to high."

You also said "We do not have to explain to seasoned investors what this investment falls under."

I think you've made up my mind as to what category I would put it in. Thanks.

Back